Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

A NFL running playoff thread

Replies to: A NFL running playoff thread

• sushirittosushiritto Registered User Posts: 3,183 Senior Member
    A game a punter's dad could only love. :))
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls Registered User Posts: 5,060 Senior Member
    "A game a punter's dad could only love."

At one point I did wonder how the number of punts in this game compared to the total number of punts that either of these punters had kicked during the entire regular season.
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 21,537 Senior Member
    Goff did look lost. I can only imagine how tough is would be to fail this spectacularly in front of such a huge audience. Perhaps one consolation is that we all knew going into the game that he was a very young

Remember that Elway was blown out in his first two Superbowls, and he came back to win two and is considered a pretty good player. I think Goff will live to play another game. He doesn't call or adjust his own plays yet and relies on the bench to call them in. That's when the inexperience comes in.

How does Gronk get open? He doesn't. He's double and triple teamed all the time. He's just huge.
  • ScipioScipio Registered User Posts: 8,912 Senior Member
    It was one of those games where it looked like neither team was capable of winning it.
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 Registered User Posts: 16,716 Senior Member
    What a snoozefest. Quit watching after the 3rd quarter ended and listened to an audiobook.
  • bluebayoubluebayou Registered User Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    How does Gronk get open? He doesn't. He's double and triple teamed all the time. He's just huge.

Yup, and that catch down at the two, was just a perfect throw. Gronk was well covered, but the ball dropped right into his hands over his shoulder.

OTOH, Edelman was not targeted in the 4th bcos he too was double covered as the Rams finally made some defensive adjustments to keep him from getting open.

Personally, would not have voted Edelman for MVP since he was quiet in the key scoring drives late in the game. My vote would be for Brady.
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough Registered User Posts: 9,058 Senior Member
    On a day that the defense limits the 2nd-highest scoring team in the league to 3 points, I think a defensive player should have gotten the MVP.

I would have chosen Gilmore - five tackles, an interception, three passes defensed and a forced fumble.
    I would have given the MVP trophy to Travis Scott. And how in the world do you not have Migos there. They're literally from the Atlanta, GA area. Sorry, I'm railing against the sad game and the NFL.

• ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 Registered User Posts: 3,270 Senior Member
    Thought the game was an exciting chess match

as a guy who just finished running a big chess tournament last week, you're insulting the game of chess.... :))
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 57,256 Senior Member
    And how in the world do you not have Migos there. They're literally from the Atlanta, GA area. Sorry, I'm railing against the sad game and the NFL.
    No need to rail against the NFL. There were lots of parties and concerts and Migos was in attendance.

https://www.atlantamagazine.com/news-culture-articles/migos-21-savage-ludacris-pay-homage-to-atlanta-in-super-bowl-weekend-kickoff-concert/
    The crowd during Migos’s set was the biggest and most engaged both in person and on the live stream. (TV personality Terrence J told fans inside State Farm Arena that millions of people were watching the show online, but at its peak, the stream had around 20,000 viewers.)

I didn't know anything about the EA Sports performance Thursday night. Seems most of the country didn't either. :))
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough Registered User Posts: 9,058 Senior Member
    And how in the world do you not have Migos there. They're literally from the Atlanta, GA area.
    There's literally no winning scenario for stuff like this. No matter who is chosen, no matter how politically or socially or culturally correct you try to be in selecting artists to perform, some percentage of people will choose to be offended, and take to social media where they rabble-rouse about it and try to foment dissension.

People were throwing shade at Gladys Knight, for pete's sake. It's absurd. Twitter is the worst.
    Agree, @notrichenough Seems these days almost everyone looks for a reason to be offended. That said, Migos WAS there. There were several concerts prior to game day.
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" :D
    edited February 4
    20,000+ people heard this “sound”, per that article. And that doesn't count the people IN the arena! ;)

https://www.ajc.com/blog/music/super-bowl-ludacris-migos-concert-state-farm-arena-will-stream-twitter/9hZhnPt6RpJkC3qEn747NL/