right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Fashionistas: What would you wear to...

HoggirlHoggirl 1591 replies193 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,784 Senior Member
a wedding being held in August in Austin, Texas. Start time is 6:00 pm. The venue is an Omni Resort and Spa for both the ceremony and the reception. Dress is listed as “formal.” We are long-time, close, family friends with dh’s friendship going back to childhood with the father of the groom. Groom’s parents are our ds’s godparents.

I am primarily torn between whether or not to wear a short or long dress. I know I can technically go either way on length, but I would like thoughts on this aspect and also input on color (is black okay???). I am leaning toward a short dress because of: 1) heat, and 2) ease of dancing. However, all indications are this will be a high-falutin’ affair. Dh does not own a tux and will likely wear a dark suit. Unless you tell me he should rent a tux.

Not necessarily looking for specific dress suggestions - more general thoughts on the above. However, if you want to link dresses (I know some of ya’ll are very good at that!), feel free! I am 5’4’ tall but very long-waisted with shorter legs. Cannot wear petite sizes at all. I am trim-curvy and in good shape. In my 50s. Brunette and fair-skinned. Absolutely NO dresses that require a strapless bra. I can do a halter bra if there is enough fabric coverage at the neckline to accommodate the strap around the back of the neck. I simply HAVE to have a pulley system for the girls.

Thanks for the collective wisdom here!
44 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Fashionistas: What would you wear to...