right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Fashionistas: What would you wear to...

HoggirlHoggirl 2137 replies215 threads Senior Member
a wedding being held in August in Austin, Texas. Start time is 6:00 pm. The venue is an Omni Resort and Spa for both the ceremony and the reception. Dress is listed as “formal.” We are long-time, close, family friends with dh’s friendship going back to childhood with the father of the groom. Groom’s parents are our ds’s godparents.

I am primarily torn between whether or not to wear a short or long dress. I know I can technically go either way on length, but I would like thoughts on this aspect and also input on color (is black okay???). I am leaning toward a short dress because of: 1) heat, and 2) ease of dancing. However, all indications are this will be a high-falutin’ affair. Dh does not own a tux and will likely wear a dark suit. Unless you tell me he should rent a tux.

Not necessarily looking for specific dress suggestions - more general thoughts on the above. However, if you want to link dresses (I know some of ya’ll are very good at that!), feel free! I am 5’4’ tall but very long-waisted with shorter legs. Cannot wear petite sizes at all. I am trim-curvy and in good shape. In my 50s. Brunette and fair-skinned. Absolutely NO dresses that require a strapless bra. I can do a halter bra if there is enough fabric coverage at the neckline to accommodate the strap around the back of the neck. I simply HAVE to have a pulley system for the girls.

Thanks for the collective wisdom here!
44 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Fashionistas: What would you wear to...

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity