Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What phrases or things are like nails on a blackboard to you?

Replies to: What phrases or things are like nails on a blackboard to you?

• sorghumsorghum Registered User Posts: 3,602 Senior Member
    ...things to do before you die.

Agree to disagree.
  • privatebankerprivatebanker Registered User Posts: 4,993 Senior Member
    I’m a little collusion-ed out. Lol.
  • MomofJandLMomofJandL Registered User Posts: 1,591 Senior Member
    I have no choice but to …

Yes, you do. You made that choice.

• inthegardeninthegarden Registered User Posts: 971 Member
    edited May 22
    I think this thread is not so much about agreeing or disagreeing...but how phrases affect us personally, subjectively (am I wrong here, lol?)
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild Registered User Posts: 22,693 Senior Member
    James Franklin
  • HCPP20HCPP20 Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    Free education
  • zipyourlipszipyourlips Registered User Posts: 1,409 Senior Member
    I'll take it off your hands.
  • HamurtleHamurtle Registered User Posts: 2,206 Senior Member
    Bucket list. Who puts lists in a bucket?
  • CreeklandCreekland Registered User Posts: 5,625 Senior Member
    We sometimes put travel destinations in a bucket (or hat) and pick one. It's a lot of fun. We have oodles of things we want to do on our Bucket List (loved the movie), so I suppose actually doing it at times adds to the fun.

We're contemplating putting everything we can think of into that bucket and starting to work through it now that we've reached empty nesting stage. Right now we're on hold while our parents are at the end of their lives. Seeing them at their age and knowing we're there before long actually is part of the inspiration. Do things now when we still can.
  • OspreyCV22OspreyCV22 Registered User Posts: 1,684 Senior Member
    And all the honoring of live veterans on Memorial Day. They have a Veterans Day in November. Let's remember those who actually died in war. "Memorial" is a clue.

We've reached 32 pages and no one has mentioned that gifting is not a verb. I think the origin came from Robin Leach and "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." I can just hear him trying to sound airy and upper crust with his low class accent.

"Gifting" is the "moist" of the action-word world.." https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/12/gifting-is-not-a-verb/383676/

I actually heard a young woman bragging, "my grandparents gifted me their double wide..." recently. I just know in her mind she was spelling "their" "there." I blame HGTV.