right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Downton Abbey - The Movie

2VU06092VU0609 3535 replies59 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
The preview for the September release brought joy to my morning, particularly the exchange between the Dowager Countess and Violet at the end! I think You Tube links are prohibited, but use your friend Google and you'll find it quickly. I am SO looking forward to this.
91 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Downton Abbey - The Movie

• LindagafLindagaf 9243 replies497 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Wait a sec, Violet is the same as the Countess. Do you mean Isobel?
    · Reply · Share
  • 2VU06092VU0609 3535 replies59 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @Lindagaf - thanks for the save! It has been too long and I got my names mixed up.
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3061 replies46 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I can’t wait for this, too! Boy do I miss that show and those characters.
    · Reply · Share
  • daylily1daylily1 35 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    So excited! Can't wait to see how the characters have changed/stayed the same. I miss Violet and Isobel's banter.
    · Reply · Share
  • dragonmomdragonmom 5900 replies154 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Can’t wait!
    · Reply · Share
  • Cardinal FangCardinal Fang 18345 replies158 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    YouTube links are not prohibited. Link?
    · Reply · Share
  • rom828rom828 1476 replies42 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @skieurope, that was pure delight! Thanks for posting!
    · Reply · Share
  • Cardinal FangCardinal Fang 18345 replies158 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    That's it, my answer to the mods: "I never argue. I explain."
    · Reply · Share
  • scout59scout59 3505 replies67 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I didn't even realize how much I want to see this until I watched the preview!!
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids 84105 replies1025 threadsForum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Forum Champion
    Who’s counting down the days?

Who’s binge-watching the episodes to refresh?

Can’t wait!
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 22994 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Someone asked in another thread if it was necessary to binge watch the series to enjoy the movie. I'm sure the movie will stand alone and anyone can enjoy it, but really, the true joy is know the backstory between Violet and Isabel, in knowing the Upstairs/Downstairs history, in remembering the weddings and funerals, the dogs and gardeners and scandals.

And who doesn't want to binge from the beginning! I'm sure it will be all over PBS and the beg-a-thons this month, but maybe worth the Netflix subscription?
    · Reply · Share
  • stradmomstradmom 5032 replies50 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Interesting difference between the two trailers
    · Reply · Share
  • thedreamydaisythedreamydaisy 154 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I just binge watched the entire series for the first time, and now I am so excited to see the movie. I grew up in England and it makes me smile to watch!
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 34200 replies378 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I asked on the binge thread and of course it was a dumb question.
    So I started the binge yesterday, just finished the first season and, oh my, I love it. Love, love, love.
    · Reply · Share
  • taverngirltaverngirl 935 replies22 threadsRegistered User Member
    Can't wait!! @twoinanddone and others who want to binge, it's also on Amazon Prime.
    · Reply · Share
    It's no longer on Netflix, only on Amazon Prime (unless I'm wrong). Our PBS station has been re-running episodes for months, but I don't want to revisit from late in the series. I would want to start from scratch. Fortunately, I've seen them all. I did watch a PBS fundraiser show called Return to Downton Abbey where Jim Carter (Carson) plugged the movie with snippets (mostly from the trailer) and with clips from the six seasons.
    · Reply · Share
  • OHMomof2OHMomof2 12883 replies242 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I've seen them all but may watch the last season again. Excellent trailers!
    · Reply · Share