right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

So What Are You Really, Really Good at?

VeryHappyVeryHappy 18310 replies322 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 18,632 Senior Member
A spinoff from the "terrible" thread. You all knew it was just a matter of time.
90 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: So What Are You Really, Really Good at?

• milgymfammilgymfam 649 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 660 Member
    Baking, without need of recipes, and taking photos on the move.
    · Reply · Share
  • maya54maya54 2051 replies87 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,138 Senior Member
    1) Making quick decisions

2) Spotting researching and analyzing legal issues. Good thing because it’s my job

3) Organizing my household and getting rid of things. I am helped by this by a husband who is fairly neat and a “ not under my roof” rule for my kids. Sleep with your boyfriend at my house? No problem. Have your stuff remain in my house after you move out? Not in a million years.
    · Reply · Share
  • labegglabegg 2519 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,567 Senior Member
    Cooking, but not necessarily baking.
    Nagging.
    · Reply · Share
  • CaMom13CaMom13 1730 replies10 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,740 Senior Member
    edited June 22
    Math. I was always a math fiend and even now, 34 years after leaving school, I can do math in my head faster than both engineers in my family.

Physical and crossword puzzles and/or data analysis challenges that are difficult and require patience and logic to solve. I will work at something forever until I figure it out.
    edited June 22
    · Reply · Share
  • milgymfammilgymfam 649 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 660 Member
    @shellfell I am the same way! Over examine and research every single thing obsessively. Everyone in our lives brings their research needs to me at this point.
    · Reply · Share
  • CreeklandCreekland 5671 replies88 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,759 Senior Member
    Problem solving. According to Lumosity's world wide stats (which are only kept for 30 days, so kept up to date), I'm at or near the Top ranking 99.9% in all age groups. I gotta admit, it makes me feel good.

IRL that means I can do my job well at school - math/science - and when I'm not full time it's sort of subbing as I can be in for any math/science/French/psych (or other if I choose it) job on any given day I work rather than having things pre-planned as happens when I'm full time. I can teach about Charles' Law one day and polar coordinates or vectors the next - teaching - not babysitting with movies, etc.

It also means I don't have behavior issues in my class. When I see a problem arising my mind can fix it quickly with whatever needs to be done (not the same thing each time, but almost always effective). Kids like that too.

I'm also very good training animals - been doing it with dogs, cats, and ponies since my young youth with no one having taught me how. My dad used to like to show me off to his friends (what I could get our critters to do).

Now if only I could draw or recognize faces (sigh).
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18310 replies322 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 18,632 Senior Member
    I'm really good at organizing things. I organized my 50th HS reunion by, first, finding 219 out of 240 of us.

I'm also really good at arranging dinner parties.

And at keeping friends for the longterm.

I'm also great at algebra. I use it in every day life and just love it.
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4081 replies298 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,379 Senior Member
    I am good at researching travel. I’m a good multi-tasker and like @VeryHappy , an organizer. I’m good at keeping in touch with friends, old and new. I’m good at making entertaining seem effortless, although I’m gripping and complaining as I’m prepping it. I think we are a lot alike @VeryHappy !

I’m good at putting on makeup. I love makeup...ha!
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 73272 replies3187 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76,459 Senior Member
    Singing
    · Reply · Share
  • emilybeeemilybee 13138 replies35 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13,173 Senior Member
    Problem solving and organizing.

Directions. I am a human map. I can get anywhere I’ve been even once before years ago.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofthreeboysmomofthreeboys 16616 replies66 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 16,682 Senior Member
    Critical thinking and I am calm under pressure and in crisis and can assess and make decisions quickly without emotions getting in the way.
    · Reply · Share