right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Romani Jr is on the way

Replies to: Romani Jr is on the way

• Cardinal FangCardinal Fang 18273 replies157 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Crossing my fingers for a happy ending, of whatever kind.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2andmom2and 2814 replies19 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for good news!
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 34194 replies391 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    To the extent it’s helpful, I had some endometrial surgery to remove cysts, including having 3/4s of one ovary removed. I was on birth control pills while healing. As soon as the OB/Gyn told me I was healed and we could try to conceive, I became pregnant.
    To my MD’s surprise I had no trouble conceiving and carrying both S and D. That is all we wanted. I had no idea my fertility was even a question, but guess it was.
    Good luck to you, @romanigypsyeyes!
    · Reply · Share
  • mominvamominva 3029 replies36 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Romani, keeping my fingers crossed for your family!
    · Reply · Share
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 16847 replies157 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Wishing you and your DH all the best, Romani. You've had so many challenges-you are past due for some of the good stuff!
    · Reply · Share
  • LynnskiLynnski 245 replies12 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    The Cup of Jo website (Joanna Goddard) has featured posts by people struggling with infertility in a variety of cultural, medical, and other contexts. The comment sections on these posts reflect an extremely thoughtful, diverse, and caring online community. I hope you'll find the community that works for you! Best wishes.
    · Reply · Share
  • showmom858showmom858 2908 replies16 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @romanigypsyeyes - keeping you in my thoughts.
    · Reply · Share
  • engineermomof2engineermomof2 30 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited July 1
    My fertility struggles are now 17 and 15 year old teenagers.... but I remember how frustrating and emotional the struggle can be...(I have endometriosis). Looks like everyone above has offered good tips...just sending positive thoughts and a hug your way!!
    edited July 1
    · Reply · Share
  • TempeMomTempeMom 2970 replies25 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Count me in. I had approx. 5 early miscarriages in my 30's before seeking treatment. The fertility docs were so thorough. It was amazing. Long story short, eventually I had the salinography (??) where you basically got a pressure wash of the uterus and progesterone following conception and now have a kid who just got her drivers license.
    I was on a very active TTC board (trying to conceive) for years and MOST of the women eventually did have children (3 who did not come to mind). Two of the women who did not both adopted (one via her church -now multiple kids- and one adopted very young sibs via foster system). They are happily posting about college and high school now and it is long in the past.
    Best of luck (and medicine!) to you both.
    · Reply · Share
  • chardonMNchardonMN 43 replies7 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Crossing fingers for you! We had the opposite of some others here. First PG happened easily. When we wanted to try for a 2nd, it was not happening. I still don't know why. We tried the clomid and IUI, ended up later trying IVF. Only 3 eggs retrieved, so it wasn't super successful in that way, but the one embryo that developed and and transferred did take and became a successful pregnancy. Kind of a miracle really, since some people end up with a dozen embryos and get to freeze some so they can try again with those. I have a friend who, at 50 with 4 IVF kids, still has frozen embryos she needs to make decisions about. The process was so awful emotionally. Even though we already had a kid, I remember how sad we were, and that everyone I knew was pregnant at the time. I do have several friends who also ended up using IVF, and all but one eventually had successful pregnancies. The other one was able to adopt a baby boy. I am sorry you are having this trouble! Hugs.
    · Reply · Share
  • atomomatomom 4653 replies41 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Recommending the book Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon. Maybe you've seen it all before, but it has a section on PCOS that might be useful.
    I also have many friends, relatives, and acquaintances who struggled with infertility--some for 5 or 10 years, some with multiple miscarriages. All eventually had one or more children. Several became pregnant shortly after adopting. One was given Clomid after 5 years of trying. She had twins. She never had any treatment again, but ended up with 11 children in all--including 2 more sets of twins! (I know this is not your goal!)
    I have also witnessed the wonderful contributions that childless aunts and uncles make when they are involved in their nieces' and nephews' lives.
    Wishing you and your husband the best, and hoping you have good news soon!
    (And could we please have the old CC back? This is not user friendly, to put it mildly. More difficult to read, post, and find threads. Why?)
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 14010 replies62 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 7
    Best wishes. The infertility workup involves so much time and effort (some of it fun, most not). Lucky enough to have one (endometriosis), the older drug next try might have worked, sigh. Did not go beyond drugs like many do. Adoption becomes much more complicated with different ethnicities (his or hers...) and after a child- others were better for that. Life isn't fair.
    edited July 7
    · Reply · Share
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes 33281 replies767 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Hi everyone.

I'm trying to keep up with this thread but honestly, the new interface is just killing my eyes and I don't see the notifications on the mobile page like I used to without pushing additional buttons. I'm not used to that so I normally just pop over to mobile for a second, see no new red marks, and exit - forgetting that it's no longer on the front page and I actually have to do some digging.

No news yet. I will be able to start testing on Wednesday this week and I took a test today to confirm that the HCG from the trigger shot was out of my system so I don't get a false positive. (I have a bulk of test strips, not actual tests, so the tests are super cheap - I'm not using the tests that cost way too much money lol.)

FWIW, I think I had a glimpse into pregnant life with the hcg coursing through my system. I started crying at everything for a solid 2 days. I cried over the fact that my dog and niblings exist, among many other reasons.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2andmom2and 2814 replies19 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for good news!!
    · Reply · Share
  • bookwormbookworm 8861 replies72 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Oh yes. Hallmark commercials brought on the tears
    · Reply · Share
  • fretfulmotherfretfulmother 1949 replies46 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    ...and that Diet Coke commercial where he's just being a good Dad. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • greenwitchgreenwitch 8719 replies41 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Any commercial with dogs....
    · Reply · Share