right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Time for a new home?

14567810»

Replies to: Time for a new home?

• shawbridgeshawbridge 5700 replies53 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Very sorry for your loss.

Just turned to this thread and I would say that the new design causes me to a) only look at threads in which I've already contributed; and b) is somewhat harder to read. I can already see that there is much less activity on some of the previously active/hyperactive threads. As such, I'm likely to lose interest in this as a site over time as there will be less to hold me here. To the extent that I'm at all representative of others who use the Parent Forum/Parent Cafe, I'd vote for a new site.
    · Reply · Share
  • martharapmartharap 544 replies13 threadsRegistered User Member
    I keep coming back hoping that mods will replace this thin, light, almost impossible to read font with something easier to read. That really shouldn’t be hard and I don’t understand the reluctance to make such a simple, requested by many, change.

I really like the Cafe but the font is just too hard on my eyes. Make a font change, please!
    · Reply · Share
  • hopedaisyhopedaisy 86 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I don't post much but do enjoy this community. I would be interested in a new place as the new format makes this so hard to read.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 38838 replies6858 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    martharap wrote: »
    I keep coming back hoping that mods will replace this thin, light, almost impossible to read font with something easier to read. That really shouldn’t be hard and I don’t understand the reluctance to make such a simple, requested by many, change.

I really like the Cafe but the font is just too hard on my eyes. Make a font change, please!

As has been said numerous times already, the mods are not the web designers. We are dealing with the same issues as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • Youdon'tsayYoudon'tsay 19164 replies457 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @ChuckleDoodle I am just reading about the loss of your dh. I'm so sorry.
    · Reply · Share
  • momocarlymomocarly 884 replies11 threadsRegistered User Member
    @ChuckleDoodle just now read about your loss. So very sorry. Would love to know what you come up with when you are ready. Take time for yourself!
    · Reply · Share
  • powercropperpowercropper 1658 replies67 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @ChuckleDoodle I am just catching up on reading and want to pass along my condolences. Hugs to you as you both grieve your loss and help your MIL grieve. And comforting your own children. Remember self-care is important too.
    · Reply · Share
  • powercropperpowercropper 1658 replies67 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I am in the habit of checking in on Cc daily, and am not finding posts of interest. The parents cafe has been super helpful for anonymous support, and I am willing to go wherever if we come up with a new place to meet.

I am grieving the loss of something I had not realized was such an integral part of my life. I am slightly embarrassed to come to this realization, and plan to wean myself away from CC except for parents cafe.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 2976 replies45 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I’ve been grieving the loss of what this site used to be also. I didn’t post a lot, but enjoyed the discussions and the posters. I’ve learned so much here. Right now I’m in denial, but I fear this site will go away eventually. 😭
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 74224 replies3247 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Well...the AOL message boards went away...and the Princeton Review message boards went away. So...it wouldn’t surprise me if this one went away at some point.

· Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4175 replies308 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    And ivillage went away.
    · Reply · Share
  • mathmommathmom 32237 replies158 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I had not been checking this thread, by belated condolences to you @ChuckleDoodle .
    · Reply · Share