right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
JOIN US for the "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. Registered members can ask their questions NOW!

Time for a new home?

Replies to: Time for a new home?

• WellspringWellspring 1533 replies9 threads Senior Member
    I would be interested in a new site. I looked for the old alternative site that was established after the CC Elections and Politics forum was closed. It died in 2015.
    · Reply · Share
  • CaMom13CaMom13 2059 replies14 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I literally get pains in my eyeballs reading CC for more than a few minutes and I would welcome a new home where I could enjoy (as opposed to survive) reading various threads.
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4616 replies334 threads Senior Member
    I would definitely participate.
    · Reply · Share
  • mominvamominva 3093 replies36 threads Senior Member
    Count me as a Yes!
    Thanks for looking into it.
    · Reply · Share
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri 9331 replies351 threads Senior Member
    I'd like it too. The current format hurts my eyes.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 3067 replies45 threads Senior Member
    I come here primarily for the camaraderie and intelligent discussions on the Parent Cafe. I was grieving the loss of it last week. I’ll go wherever I need to go. Count me in.
    · Reply · Share
  • ChuckleDoodleChuckleDoodle 713 replies63 threads Member
    Ok. I'll start the ball rolling. Any ideas for a domain name?
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 20172 replies891 threads Senior Member
    Something with the words "parent cafe" in it???

Would your format allow for separate threads on a variety of topics? Or separate forums ?
    · Reply · Share
  • shellfellshellfell 3457 replies12 threads Senior Member
    I would be interested too. No ideas for a name. There are more creative people here than me.
    · Reply · Share
  • CreeklandCreekland 5887 replies90 threads Senior Member
    I'd be in as long as it didn't require FB or similar or have so many ads to require a lot of data (our main source of internet at home). I'm not on FB and have no plans to start. I despise this new format here, though enjoy the camaraderie.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2andmom2and 3004 replies20 threads Senior Member
    I mostly read on a computer so the new format is not that bad for me (especially since I put the zoom to 80%). I like the fact that this site is moderated and posters are for the most part respectful. I would likely stay here but also check out another site. It may be difficult, however, as CC attracts a lot of folks that tend to migrate over to the parents forum and the cafe. There used to be a lot more forums like this, but most have died out due to dwindling interest and post (e.g. Parent Soup and whatever it became after that).
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 927 replies2 threads Member
    I'd participate in both.
    · Reply · Share
  • CountingDownCountingDown 13562 replies112 threads Senior Member
    I'm staying here for the moment (this runs better on my desktop than phone, so I'm not on as much), but I'd join another Cafe! Have been on one break-off
    groupt hat's been together for over a decade.
    · Reply · Share
  • sylvan8798sylvan8798 6674 replies141 threads Senior Member
    I've been weaning myself from here since the new format. Glad I'm not the only one who finds it difficult. I would certainly check out a new option.
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 35222 replies399 threads Senior Member
    How would you vet new members to avoid the issues we're having now, but allow new dialogue? Eg, sincere kids. And who'd moderate? What standards?
    · Reply · Share
  • inthegardeninthegarden 1461 replies27 threads Senior Member
    I'd do both (but no Facebook) as my daughter's still in high school and I mostly use my laptop for this site. I'm sad to see the droves of people leaving, as I've invested three years on this forum and my daughter is just now approaching that critical junior year. I've probably learned most of what I need to know (and more) for her college search process, but I'd miss the encouragement and advice of the old-timers when "her" time is here.
    · Reply · Share
  • patsmompatsmom 4244 replies513 threads Senior Member
    How would you vet new members to avoid the issues we're having now, but allow new dialogue? Eg, sincere kids. And who'd moderate? What standards?
    OP suggested moving only the Parents Cafe, so I don't think there would be any "sincere kids" joining. That's the whole point.
    · Reply · Share
  • cookercooker 287 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I'm a mostly lurker, but would be happy to consider a new site.
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 14266 replies64 threads Senior Member
    Have kept on CC mainly for the parents in the café- old timer here. Willing to keep up with people through a second site. Do see the vetting problems but am sure there are those so much more computer literate to take on the task. What about costs?
    · Reply · Share