right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Text messages and iPhone X question.

conmamaconmama 4088 replies298 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,386 Senior Member
When I receive a text message or receive a reply to one I’ve sent, I hear the notification. But subsequent replies to the same thread are quiet after a few, does yours do this? It’s very frustrating when I’m waiting on a reply and I keep having to check my phone.
9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Text messages and iPhone X question.

• bearcatfanbearcatfan 1140 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,152 Senior Member
    Have you tried restarting your phone? I've found that usually takes care of weird little glitches.
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4088 replies298 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,386 Senior Member
    I do turn off my phone occasionally, but it’s still the same.
    · Reply · Share
  • HeyItsNickHeyItsNick 1010 replies21 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,031 Senior Member
    Are you leaving the text message thread open or do you go back to the home screen and put the phone to sleep?
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4088 replies298 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,386 Senior Member
    edited July 11
    The phone is sleeping. For instance last night I was waiting for a friend to text me when she was ready to be picked up. I had the phone sleeping next to me the entire time to make sure I heard the alert. Nothing. I checked to see if she had texted me and she had....grrrrr.
    edited July 11
    · Reply · Share
  • makemesmartmakemesmart 1295 replies10 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,305 Senior Member
    Do you have the “do not disturb” mode on? Mine is set between certain hours and during that period, all notifications are silent. Check your settings.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 2921 replies44 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,965 Senior Member
    This happens to me sometimes on my 6s. I make a habit of keeping the thread open so I can see the message come in if I’m expecting an important reply.
    · Reply · Share
  • boudersbouders 2424 replies169 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,593 Senior Member
    I have had similar issues after I’ve paired my iPhones through Bluetooth to a car. After I got the phone to “forget” the car and restarted it, it fixed the problem.
    · Reply · Share
    So it sounds like this is not the way it’s supposed to be! I’ve only had the phone a little over a year. Off to the Apple Store, or maybe stop in at Verizon first.
    · Reply · Share
  • rockymtnhigh2rockymtnhigh2 211 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 213 Junior Member
    I’ve had this problem when I leave the text open. But sometimes it shows up on my Apple Watch with a ding but not on my phone.
    · Reply · Share