right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Amazon Prime Days July 15 & 16 2019

Replies to: Amazon Prime Days July 15 & 16 2019

• 4kids4us4kids4us 1166 replies4 threads Senior Member
    I don't typically shop at Whole Foods b/c I don't like its location, but stopped there last week to pick up something I can't get anywhere else. Thanks to CC I found out that if I used the app, I'd a Prime $10 credit to be used today. I try to avoid Prime day b/c I end up buying things I don't really need but D17 just told me a couple of days ago she needed to order a few books before she leaves for a semester abroad next month. Two are ebooks, but the third is a paperback that was $10.98 on Amazon. So I ordered it just now and only had to pay $1.04 after my Prime credit.

I'm not sure there's anything else i really need that will be a "deal" today.
    · Reply · Share
  • gosmomgosmom 2045 replies58 threads Senior Member
    Apple Airpods with wireless charging case on Prime Day $180.
    Same thing at Costco online for $170.
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 6484 replies204 threads Senior Member
    If there’s something you’d like, it also is good to see if another retailer is price matching.

My D’s friend was looking at Bose sleepbuds and I saw (on Facebook) that they are $50 off. But when I looked, they were sold out. But I checked bose.com and Best Buy and they are both price matching.

BTW, I don’t have the sleepbuds but know a couple of people who do and they love them. Expensive but the person I know is a terrible sleeper and says it has changed his life.

I can’t imagine anyone else looking for this but I bought a fancy milk frother https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G31DT6J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And toothbrushes https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YXXZQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

When I bought them, there was a special for subscribe and save and they ended up being $2.xx

· Reply · Share
    Well, I changed my mind on my fancy milk frother lol!

It was between 2 models this morning and they were the same price. I purchased one and put the other in my save for later. The other one dropped by $26 between this morning and afternoon. So I cancelled the first one and ordered the second.

So this is the milk frother I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKDDYD6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    · Reply · Share
  • MAmom111MAmom111 295 replies15 threads Member
    I got the latest model IPad 128gb for my S26 for $299. Almost bought it yesterday at Walmart and so glad I waited as it was $30 cheaper today on Amazon. He needs it for 6th grade so perfect timing! Also got a couple bags for our upcoming Spirit flights for college visits where we are doing “personal item” instead of paying for bags. Not sure how my D20 is going to react to that news as she is a serious overpacker!
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 26852 replies270 threads Senior Member
    "Apple Airpods with wireless charging case on Prime Day $180.
    Same thing at Costco online for $170."

Yes, definitely shop around. Not everything on Amazon's site is a Prime Day deal and Airpods are not (at least yet). There's no "Prime Day Deal" tagged on the Airpods.
    · Reply · Share
  • VaBluebirdVaBluebird 3563 replies250 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I swear I'm just too ADD to stay with it. So much STUFF. Even by category. Too much for me to process in July. I work better under the pressure of December. I tried to get some Nano towels when they were showing 66% gone and got put on the waitlist! SMH.
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 7648 replies36 threads Senior Member
    Had by Costco lenovo carbon x1 laptop that was reduced again. It accepted my credit card when I went to process it said it was sold out. No calling Costco but know it won't help. Agh.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mom2jlMom2jl 707 replies6 threads Member
    I just bought a new Kindle to replace my 2011 Kindle Touch, which still works but is sluggish and doesn't hold a charge as long as it used to. With the Prime Day deal and trading in my old Kindle ($15 gift card plus 25% off a new Kindle), I only ended up paying about $26, instead of the regular price of $90!
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 57826 replies3031 threads Senior Member
    Oh, duh. Just looked at the actual items not yet available and see how to put it on the “watch list”. Need an gift idea for 29 yr old DIL. Help please..
    · Reply · Share
  • coralbrookcoralbrook 8066 replies26 threads Senior Member
    Boy, those delivery guys are going to hate me. I need new bedding for 3 beds, mattress protectors, an air mattress for guests and a new queen mattress. Not sure I got any prime deals but ordered it all today. They will have to deliver all that heavy stuff in the middle of 3 trizillion Prime Day packages!! Up my front stairs:)
    · Reply · Share
    They have brook linen king sheets for 135.90. I’m interested in knowing if that is a good deal and does anyone have any insight on these sheets?
    · Reply · Share
  • uwalummomuwalummom 458 replies31 threads Member
    Just a heads up...I had checked my cart to see if the price had dropped on any items for prime day. It didn’t show any drops, but when I clicked on the Linenspa bed frame, it was reduced from $124 to $83. I had to re-add it to my cart in order to get the prime day price.
    · Reply · Share
  • MarilynMarilyn 4359 replies143 threads Senior Member
    I had a mandolin (food prep, not musical) on my wish list because DH has been interested in getting one. It was (theoretically) $59.99 with regular Prime price of $29.99. I checked earlier to see if it was lower; nope. Then a couple of hours later I checked my phone again and lo and behold it’s a lightning deal for $22.74 with 94% claimed. Tried to buy and got on the wait list, went on the regular computer and saw it was available so threw it in my cart.

I had a couple of other mundane items on the wait list, planning to use the Whole Foods $10 against them today. I also had a gift card of $41 - DH had taken a ton of pocket change to a coin counting machine. One of the options on the machine is to cash in for an Amazon gift card; no fee. (Don’t ask me why he saves the change instead of just spending it. I guess it gives him joy.)

When checking out - lightning deal discount of $7.04 applied, $10 Whole Foods credit applied, gift card applied...$0 final cost.

So I’m wondering - of all the items on all the wish lists in the world, how did Amazon happen to walk into a lightning deal on mine? Was it sheer coincidence, or was it a fake lightning deal to get me to buy?
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 41472 replies480 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    @coralbrook - when UPS destroyed my one measly bag of cat litter order, I got mad and ordered 5 (!) 42-lb bags of cat litter to get even. (Cat litter does not go bad... my cats could use it... the UPS wimps could use some exercise...). Tell the delivery guys if they drop the ball on your stuff, you will be ordering cat litter!! 😂
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 21597 replies922 threads Senior Member
    I was pretty busy today and didn't get much time to look online so thought I was going to get through without buying anything. Then I looked.

Bought this laminator for my D2 - I have one at home and one at work and it works GREAT. $15 at checkout: https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-Roller-TL901C/dp/B0010JEJPC/ref=gbps_img_m-6_de31_e81bb688

Also use code PRIMEBOOK19 for $5 off any book $15+ (don't know if there are title restrictions. A family member has a book coming out in September so just bought a few more copies to give away!
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 57826 replies3031 threads Senior Member
    Tip for purchases: Just discovered (no pun intended) that if you activate the “use discovercard cashback” and apply any cashback you have, you get an additional 20% off the purchase price. Wish I’d realized that when I spent $200 earlier today instead of the $20 I just spent on a 256gb flash drive. Oh well :(
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 35424 replies399 threads Senior Member
    Just ordered cheap, small binoculars. Like, I know zip about them, have only used the giant ones. But at 6 ounces, with $10 WF discount, $10 net price, should be fine. I have 2 pairs of good opera glasses, but sentimental value and these are for a trip.

No other buys in mind. Yesterday, I shopped for trip clothes in regular stores and the sales were nuts.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 41472 replies480 threads Senior Member
    Nothing yet. Nothing. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • GnocchiBGnocchiB 2078 replies230 threads Senior Member
    What is the deal with the waitlist? Do they email you if you come off of it?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity