right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Amazon Prime Days July 15 & 16 2019

Replies to: Amazon Prime Days July 15 & 16 2019

• walkinghomewalkinghome 7526 replies298 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    I got two echo show 5's to use as a bedside alarm clock. My husband has been using a clock-radio-phone for about 20 years. We dropped our landline a few months back so now it's using up space needlessly. I'm not sure where to use the 2nd one, but we'll see how the first one works out and then I'll decide, or return. Price was $49, a $40 savings for each. Editing - just saw the offer for a trade in for an echo, $5 credit plus 25% off a purchase of another alexa device so $ 22 came off one of the shows. https://smile.amazon.com/Introducing-Echo-Show-Compact-Charcoal/dp/B07HZLHPKP/ref=gbph_tit_m-3_3a24_221e8df5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ef9d01fa-3f7f-4925-aefb-f8a45bd03a24&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=9818047011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=EZWP3ZNJPT8W56V5NK6V
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 21315 replies914 threads Senior Member
    Is anyone else confused about all the Amazon echo/dot/show/echo plus/echo input, etc. devices? How do you choose which one is right for your needs! I figured the small one (dot?) is more for just one room. Something larger services more of the house?
    · Reply · Share
    We have an echo in the kitchen and dots in the bedroom, garage and basement. The speakers on the echo are better than the dot but I'm not sure it's worth the price difference. I'd get a dot for an entry product and see what you think, what you use it for. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, family room and the echo can hear me from both rooms, and I can hear anything it plays. I play pandora on it, NPR, podcasts and ask it for the weather multiple times a day. I have had problems with the dot hearing me in the bedroom, and hope the show will be better at that.
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 57686 replies3023 threads Senior Member
    Interesting that Amazon stopped selling many of its competitors similar products (especially google and nest products) so they are harder to purchase on line.

I looked at "toys" to see if there as anything to get for granddau's birthday, and some "adult toys" popped up!
    · Reply · Share
  • ECmotherx2ECmotherx2 2307 replies11 threads Senior Member
    I have an echo in the living room, if I were to buy an echo show to use as a bedroom clock as @walkinghome has done, do I have to pay another monthly fee for a 2nd device?
    · Reply · Share
    @ECmotherx2, no, no extra charge. We have multiple devices.
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 21315 replies914 threads Senior Member
    Echo show has a monthly fee???
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 6402 replies202 threads Senior Member
    @abasket, I was thinking the same!

What did I buy? I ended up buying golf gloves and golf balls which we needed and they were 20% off. I bought the echo bundle with the smart light bulbs. We bought 2 audible books. I bought these rapid ice wine cooler that I’ve been eyeing. I put everything on either a one day a week delivery or slow delivery. I hate getting 14 different packages so I hope this helps.

My D is thinking of buying a stand up paddle board, which is apparently a prime day special.

And I bought H new running shoes from Dick’s which had free shipping and $20 off $100
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 36019 replies396 threads Senior Member
    In HI, our Costco has stand up paddle boards. I’ve not compares prices but suspect they’re decent and it may be on their website and can be mailed (check if there’s a shipping charge). .
    · Reply · Share
    I guess I was referring to a Prime membership, which integrates with the Amazon devices. There is no added cost for echo, dot, show, etc.
    · Reply · Share
  • eyemamomeyemamom 5428 replies79 threads Senior Member
    I got a bunch of things from makeup brushes, a portable extension cord for hubby, magic bullet and kindle for my daughters boyfriend. I even got a sous vide for my husband, a spiralizer for my kitchen aide and countless other things. It’s my kickoff for Christmas shopping and then if I see things like detergent and ziploc bags that I normally use I get that too. I already got a bunch of stuff ordered today.
    Funny thing about the delivery people - I live a bit remotely so I never need signatures, things can just be left on the porch. The delivery guy rings the bell because he likes to play with my dogs for a few minutes.
    · Reply · Share
  • oldmom4896oldmom4896 4020 replies293 threads Senior Member
    I got a TV for the bedroom for $100, and I got my daughter (adoptee from China) a 23andme kit half price, with her consent. She's moving from a furnished apartment to an unfurnished apartment and she got a bed frame and mattress for less than $100 each but they are not of the sale. I will get extra points on the Amazon Visa.
    · Reply · Share
  • PacNWparentPacNWparent 256 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Received my first Prime Day purchase today. A book that I bought using their promo code Primebook19. Two more deliveries on the way.
    · Reply · Share
  • 88jm1988jm19 826 replies19 threads Member
    I used Primebook19 to get some baby board books for my niece who is expecting. Also got the game, Ticket to Ride -Europe.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 41271 replies479 threads Senior Member
    Nothing. Still nothing. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • MarilynMarilyn 4279 replies141 threads Senior Member
    Between previous Prime Days and Black Fridays, I've already gotten hot deals on most everything I could use. I really only went on to use our Whole Foods $10, but when they put my wish list item (meant for eventual purchase) on lightning deal, I went for it. Must be some algorithm Amazon uses to increase sales so they can brag about Prime Day.

Mind you, I'm all in favor of maneuvers that increase stock value because DS works for them.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 41271 replies479 threads Senior Member
    Just to keep Amazon in the green, on the 17th, I bought a Greenworks trimmer. :) Not a penny spent on Prime Day. I am proud of our family. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 7320 replies34 threads Senior Member
    I didn't buy anything but the Lenovo carbon x1 is now being sold at Costco but I need to wait a few weeks so hopefully it drops in price again but already a very nice price.
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 6402 replies202 threads Senior Member
    All of my stuff from amazon will be here by Sunday even though I picked slower shipping. While I wished for one big box, most things shipped separate or at the maximum, 2 things in one package.

On the other hand, the Nordstrom sale shipping has been horrendous. Stuff shipped separately, stuff not shipped after a week even though it’s still available in my size. This morning it shows a refund (did my order get canceled?) but my order is still pending? I ordered one thing yesterday and it shipped while another placed the first day of the sale is pending. I am not impressed!
    · Reply · Share
  • NJWrestlingmomNJWrestlingmom 1735 replies2 threads Senior Member
    I’m surprised at Nordstrom! I don’t do a lot of shopping there, but when I do shipping is always flawless. I actually buy D21 her homecoming/party dresses there so I can order a few and return what we don’t want. Only ordered 1 thing this anniversary sale but got it in 2 days.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity