right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Amazon Prime Days July 15 & 16 2019

rutgersmammarutgersmamma 475 replies96 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 571 Member
What bargains are you hoping to find? What are you planning to buy? Any tips for monitoring the deals as they are posted?
85 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Amazon Prime Days July 15 & 16 2019

• psychmommapsychmomma 2961 replies43 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,004 Senior Member
    I don't think I've ever shopped specifically on a Prime day, unless that's when I bought my InstantPot a few years ago. Is there a strategy? Do you put things in your cart and hope they go on sale?
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 18874 replies847 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19,721 Senior Member
    ^^^ I sometimes keep a "wishlist" - an actual thing you can do on Amazon. That is easy then to click on and see if the item has a reduced price offer.

I often like watching the timed deals - ones that will go up for sale and then either be for a certain period of time or until the item is sold out. Sometimes they show the % of the item left in stock - a tactic I'm sure!

· Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 32757 replies350 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 33,107 Senior Member
    If you're a Prime member, spend $10 at Whole Foods and get a $10 certificate for Prime Days. (Have to scan your bar code.) I think the offer is still going.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4445 replies176 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,621 Senior Member
    We are looking for 2 iPad airs, 2019 version. Will likely buy them at Costco, but am waiting to see if there are any prime offers.
    · Reply · Share
  • PacNWparentPacNWparent 226 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    In the past, there has been a promo code for books. You didn't have to be a Prime member to use the promo code.
    Other online retailers now piggy back on Prime Day. I will be seeking them out. Last year Eddie Bauer had 50% off everything on Prime Day.
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 20461 replies209 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 20,670 Senior Member
    Eddie Bauer 50% off days aren't that uncommon.

Target is supposed to have something to compete with Prime Day.

It'll be like Christmas in July with the retailers all trying to get a piece of the action. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • Youdon'tsayYoudon'tsay 19096 replies455 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19,551 Senior Member
    DS1 is working with his dad to get a new laptop and iPhone.
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 12745 replies167 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12,912 Senior Member
    I read there will be a lot of Amazon's own products on sale... I'm hoping to snag one of those under-the-seat carry-on suitcases on sale.
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 18874 replies847 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19,721 Senior Member
    Do we agree to use this thread to post any good deals we see? Agree if you agree!

I also will look at rugs. Last year my D got a couple of nice 5 x 7 rugs for her apartment. I could replace a couple 8 x 10 rugs in the house.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 3457 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,468 Senior Member
    https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished?afid=p238|s4twTeG77-dm_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_267800778205_pgrid_13945965247_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-brand--slid---refurbished+apple-e-product-
    If looking for Apple products I have had great luck and the products are basically new. Most are just returned and like never used. Also same full warranty so really nothing to lose. FYI for comparison.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38443 replies465 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 38,908 Senior Member
    My past Prime buys were 2 Bose noise canceling headphones (impulse buy, but they were so cheap and work great!) and Li ion battery powered leaf blower by Greenworks (AMAZING!!!). Oh, and the Instapot and a bag of cat litter deeply discounted (but dang only one bag was offfered!). Not sure what I need and if I need anything...
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 3457 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,468 Senior Member
    Levono X1 carbon notebook with 16 g ram I7. Been seeing this at Costco but every time I go to buy it, it's sold out.
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 13893 replies62 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13,955 Senior Member
    We already have everything we want by now- scored discounts from various sources over time. Been there, done that so often.

Don't forget to look at the Tech Bargains website for a good take on deals from Amazon and elsewhere.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7758 replies501 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,259 Senior Member
    I don’t need anything but my H is looking for a beard trimmer and a wine opener.
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 54951 replies2852 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57,803 Senior Member
    edited July 13
    Will be watching for a new wireless router. I have the $10 Whole Foods credit and another $25 or so in gift cards
    edited July 13
    · Reply · Share
    The Amazon firestick is really cheap. We use them on all our tvs and cut the cable cord. FYI
    · Reply · Share
  • ChedvaChedva 18823 replies11578 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 30,401 Super Moderator
    My daughter has an old Kindle, which she says is "fine", but I'd love to get her a new one.
    · Reply · Share
  • entertainersmomentertainersmom 1399 replies23 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,422 Senior Member
    FYI - We are returning our second Fire 4k stick. We bought the first Fire 4k stick a month ago, and immediately had weird glitches. I attempted to return the stick, and was directed to Chat instead of the usual return sequence. Amazon sent a new stick and told me to not return the first stick, but "do what I wanted" with the old one, which I thought was odd. The new stick caused the picture to become dim, and we have asked for a refund. This time there was no chat option, but we were directed to call or email. In the past we owned the original model fire stick, and then the box. We had no problems, but wanted to upgrade.
    · Reply · Share
    I don't have any 4k tvs and the regular sticks works great
    · Reply · Share
  • makemesmartmakemesmart 1295 replies10 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,305 Senior Member
    “Fire 4K stick”? “4K tv”? I am feeling so old and so out! 😂
    · Reply · Share