right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Anyone using CBD?

BmacNJBmacNJ 80 replies9 postsRegistered User Junior Member
edited July 19 in Parent Cafe
Anyone using CBD for pain? anxiety? other reasons. Would love to hear any feedback, good or bad. The market is exploding worldwide and been reading up on it for use and/or investments. Curious to know how mainstream USA perceives it.
edited July 19
36 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Anyone using CBD?

• eyemamomeyemamom 5413 replies79 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I did try it and it didn’t really do anything for me.
    · Reply · Share
  • BmacNJBmacNJ 80 replies9 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    If you don't mind me asking, what form (capsule, oil, gummies?) what strength? What was purpose of using? Thanks
    · Reply · Share
  • suzy100suzy100 5695 replies58 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 19
    kelsmom wrote: »
    Because CBD is not regulated, not all brands are as potent as they might seem. My son is a chemist who tests CBD as part of his job. He says that buyers should make sure that they purchase CBD that has been tested in a reputable lab.

OMG loving the quote function.

How would one know that?

edited July 19
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5459 replies135 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 19
    Yes. Many many versions when my sciatica was most painful. H, a doc, attended a local CEU program regarding CBD. The major thing is to have some THC. So--10 CBD and 2 mg THC as an example.
    The oils are the best best for pain. I personally cannot stand the mouth feel. I finally figured out that a bite of peanut butter and then the oil was barely ok. But some find the mouth feel to not bother them.
    I then found a lotion with CBD-smells Ok, like peaches. Rubbed on my most painful areas will give me 20-30 minutes of a let up.
    I have numerous delicious! candies with CBD/THC. Truth is that I don't enjoy the high even when it is light.
    Mr. Moxley Mints are something I really like using. If I wake up too early I can melt 1-2 in my mouth and fall back asleep and have no "hang over" feeling.
    It is all legal here. The dispensaries are usually fun experiences and are staffed by very knowledgable folks.
    CBD absolutely needs to be regulated. As it is now, the reputation of your dispensary is all you can count on.
    edited July 19
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 3710 replies16 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    So if no thc then no high. In Chicago most cbd is without thc. I tried it for insomnia. Sorta good. No question it relaxed me. I am testing out different manufactures for pain relief for my patients and deciding if it's something to offer. Still testing it out. Did sublingual for insomnia like 10 - 20 drops. Tried different strengths.
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5459 replies135 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    ^absolutely no high if no THC.
    We have a company here that makes the most delicious! chocolates from a tree bark all just CBD. They even have a cafe that only serves their hot chocolates, candy bars, truffles. GRON chocolates. They are mild effective for pain but mainly $$ and delicious .
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 34102 replies389 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    My relative uses it topically as ointment for various muscle aches & pains. H tried it and says for him, it’s no more effective than BenGay or Tiger Balm.
    · Reply · Share
  • kelsmomkelsmom 15525 replies98 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    You have to do your own investigation on the CBD. You can look it up online or even send them an email to ask about testing. Not only is potency an issue, but so is the presence of pesticides. Independent health food stores typically know a lot about the CBD they carry - I would suggest purchasing it from them rather than from a chain store or online.
    · Reply · Share
  • yourmommayourmomma 1323 replies1 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    There are two types -- hemp cbd and marijuana cbd. The stuff we are seeing everywhere is the hemp based stuff. It's un-regulated and should be treated as a "health supplement" -- meaning it's mostly BS. The marijuana cbd is regulated. It should have percentages on the packages and can come with a little bit of THC. People seem to find more actual results with that (not a scientific study).
    · Reply · Share
  • ohiopublicohiopublic 1681 replies30 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I use the oil and the cream. Since I’ve been taking it, I’ve had a dramatic reduction of pain issues in my arthritic knees. And I’ve tried everything- Cortisone, synvisc, PRP. I have bone on bone and patellar femoral.

Haven’t had any issues running for the last 2-3 months
    · Reply · Share
  • uwalummomuwalummom 423 replies31 postsRegistered User Member
    @ohiopublic can you please share the brands you use? I have also tried everything for my arthtritic knees...
    · Reply · Share
  • patsmompatsmom 4179 replies504 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    https://www.greenroadsworld.com/
    This is the brand my nurse practitioner recommended. I only just started using it yesterday so can't comment on its effectiveness, but I was impressed with their credentials. I bought the 150 mg Muscle and Joint Cream. I'll report back....
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22589 replies190 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I got some oil with a dropper, but I can't figure out the dosage. I intended to give it to my cat (behavior issues) and also use it myself to try to help with sleep problems. It tastes terrible, and I sort of gave up. I got some THC cream last summer in Colorado and I think it might have helped the hamstring injury I had somewhat.
    · Reply · Share
  • kelsmomkelsmom 15525 replies98 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    We give our cat CBD oil. My H called the company to find out how much to give her.
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22589 replies190 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I was just sort of squirting some in his mouth.
    · Reply · Share
    For humans start with 10 drops sublingual and go up gradually
    10 drops is half a dropper full and 20 drops is the full dropper.
    For animals, call where you got it.
    · Reply · Share
  • websensationwebsensation 2075 replies38 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I used it for muscle pain; didn't do anything for me. But I think it did relax me somewhat because I fell asleep more easily.
    · Reply · Share
  • juniebugjuniebug 530 replies38 postsRegistered User Member
    Has anyone with insomnia found it helpful?
    · Reply · Share
    I used for insomnia for a few months.. I think I got relaxed easier but staying asleep is my issue.
    · Reply · Share