right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Lily Wuerth got into UC Berkeley, UCLA, Georgia Tech, Rice, USC, etc. She decided to attend Georgia Tech, where she will be majoring in chemical engineering. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Have you ever traveled to a place loved by all but you just didn't love it?

191011121315»

Replies to: Have you ever traveled to a place loved by all but you just didn't love it?

• Conformist1688Conformist1688 1216 replies29 threads Senior Member
    Not a whole city, but I once offended a lot of people on a travel site by saying I thought the Eiffel Tower was ugly. (I still do.)
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 20984 replies907 threads Senior Member
    Starbucks can count but there is plenty more besides coffee there! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 40806 replies475 threads Senior Member
    Agree! I never buy coffee at Starbucks but their egg bites make a great breakfast or lunch supplement. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • 1FloridaMom1FloridaMom 24 replies1 threads Junior Member
    For a long time I avoided Aldi stores because the folks I knew who shopped there talked like they were in a special Aldi cult. Then I drank the Kool-Aid and go with my stack of bags every week also. Not exactly travel, though.
    Once stayed in a fancy castle in Bavaria with so many cows mooing at 4:30am that I was glad we didn't have a second night. I did have a good cream of asparagus soup, though. In Costa Rica the night was a torment of screaming howler monkeys, but at least that place was dirt cheap. Paradise can be much noisier than a picture.
    · Reply · Share
  • MarilynMarilyn 4150 replies139 threads Senior Member
    When I graduated college, I moved to a place loved by me -NYC. I lasted 10 months before transferring back to the Midwest and it was three years before I could set foot in the city again. Partly it was loneliness (even though I had relatives around); partly the dirtiness (many years later, when we took DS into the city from CT by train to see a Broadway musical, he stepped out of Grand Central Station and asked, “What’s that smell?” “That’s New York,”, I replied.). But mostly I was uncomfortable. Three times I was stopped and asked if I wanted to be a figure model. Once was on the street, once was in Bloomies, and once was in the gift shop at the Met. I loved going into The City when visiting as a child, I understand the appeal, and DH’s sister lives there. But not for me.
    · Reply · Share