right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Have you ever traveled to a place loved by all but you just didn't love it?

191011121315»

Replies to: Have you ever traveled to a place loved by all but you just didn't love it?

• Conformist1688Conformist1688 1116 replies25 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Not a whole city, but I once offended a lot of people on a travel site by saying I thought the Eiffel Tower was ugly. (I still do.)
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19184 replies854 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Starbucks can count but there is plenty more besides coffee there! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38735 replies467 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Agree! I never buy coffee at Starbucks but their egg bites make a great breakfast or lunch supplement. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • 1FloridaMom1FloridaMom 19 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    For a long time I avoided Aldi stores because the folks I knew who shopped there talked like they were in a special Aldi cult. Then I drank the Kool-Aid and go with my stack of bags every week also. Not exactly travel, though.
    Once stayed in a fancy castle in Bavaria with so many cows mooing at 4:30am that I was glad we didn't have a second night. I did have a good cream of asparagus soup, though. In Costa Rica the night was a torment of screaming howler monkeys, but at least that place was dirt cheap. Paradise can be much noisier than a picture.
    · Reply · Share
  • MarilynMarilyn 3695 replies124 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    When I graduated college, I moved to a place loved by me -NYC. I lasted 10 months before transferring back to the Midwest and it was three years before I could set foot in the city again. Partly it was loneliness (even though I had relatives around); partly the dirtiness (many years later, when we took DS into the city from CT by train to see a Broadway musical, he stepped out of Grand Central Station and asked, “What’s that smell?” “That’s New York,”, I replied.). But mostly I was uncomfortable. Three times I was stopped and asked if I wanted to be a figure model. Once was on the street, once was in Bloomies, and once was in the gift shop at the Met. I loved going into The City when visiting as a child, I understand the appeal, and DH’s sister lives there. But not for me.
    · Reply · Share