right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Whatcha Doin This Weekend??!

abasketabasket 19360 replies860 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
In many aspects of life right now, I need something LIGHT to chat about.

It's Friday afternoon and the work day is ending - it's been a FRIDAY with a little bit of MONDAY mixed in - ugh!

So looking forward to the weekend. Share something you're looking forward to this weekend. DIY? Screen Time? Food related? Exercise goals? Going to an event?

My first priority when I get home: hit the neighborhood trail for some miles - need to work the work week OUT of me!
This weekend:
DIY - power wash some of the house!
Entertainment - some episodes of a show I'm watching on Netflix, continue reading my current read - a book my brother wrote that is being released Tuesday!
Food - Make a tomato pie! Trip to the farmer's market

I'm READY. :)
214 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Whatcha Doin This Weekend??!

• jmnva06jmnva06 757 replies7 threadsRegistered User Member
    Short version: soccer, movie, church, soccer, margaritas.

Longer version.

Our rec soccer season starts next week so there are a bunch of training sessions this weekend. Tomorrow AM I'm taking a session on coaching 4v4 (first and second grade) since I'm coaching that age group for the first time since 2011.

In the afternoon, I'm helping run a session for new coaches.

Saturday night we are going to see 'Blinded by the Light".

Sunday morning I'm teaching Sunday school and Sunday afternoon am running a session for soccer coaches that are coaching the 3rd grade this fall. Third grade is a year of huge transitions (more players on field, goalies, more rules) so we do a one hour tutorial.

Will end the weekend at our neighborhood Mexican joint
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22701 replies191 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    A friend is coming for dinner tonight (ordering in with a Pei Wei coupon). I'll do a longish run in the morning then relax and hang out with my dogs. Hoping my daughter will come over (she's still in the midst of unpacking after a move into a new house) and see our new doggies sometime. Not much planned, but looking forward to the weekend! Thanks for the non-contentious thread!
    · Reply · Share
  • 4kids4us4kids4us 647 replies4 threadsRegistered User Member
    It’s rainy here as we are getting the remnants of Dorian.

Heading over to a friend’s house tonight. She invited a bunch of women over for cocktails while their kids are at their high school’s football game. I don’t have any kids left at the school but know most of the women so will drop by for a little bit.

Fun day tomorrow-get to see S19 make his college debut in sports. We found out earlier this week that he made the travel team. We’ve had our fingers crossed for weeks as he battled it out for a spot. Their first game is right in our backyard (he goes to school five hours away) so we were really hoping he’d get to come and play his first game right near where he grew up. Looks like lots of parents are traveling here for the game so we will be meeting them there and tailgating beforehand.

Sunday I’m going to pick out paint for D23’s bedroom. I promised her we would redecorate after her older siblings left for school and things settled down. S21 has soccer practice but Dh will probably take him.
    · Reply · Share
  • Midwest67Midwest67 3028 replies13 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'm working tonight, and tomorrow night. I'm hiking in WI on Sunday. 11 miles in a beautiful part of country. Aiming to see a movie Tuesday night. Need to start a list of fall projects -- overnight it felt like the timer on good weather started ticking away! Will need to dig my light box out, too. I do love the cooler weather! The dog does too!
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 5651 replies189 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 6
    Blessedly boring weekend, yea!

I’ll hike and will play some golf. Will get together with my neighbors on Sunday, we golf and then we have a potluck although last weekend we opted for pizza takeout.

H needs to mow the lawn badly and I’ll probably grill steaks. I love September and the slower weekends with the still good weather. September is my favorite month.

I almost forgot, my bil is doing the Ironman in Madison this weekend so we will spend Sunday tracking him. If last year is any indication, it will be on pins and needles. He came in 3rd in his age group last year and is hoping for top 2. (First 2 qualify for Kona)
    edited September 6
    · Reply · Share
  • CountingDownCountingDown 13441 replies110 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Picking more apples. Packing up DH for another week overseas (but thankfulky NOT driving him to Dulles at 3 am this time!). Turning the kitchen into a workroom as I do quilting and costuming while he's gone. Clearing the front of the house in preparation for the stone folks to excavate and install a desperately needed new walkway next week. Need to get tickets to the play at the local theater. Sunday brunch with a friend.
    · Reply · Share
  • sushirittosushiritto 4022 replies12 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Exercise, watching college football, exercise, watching professional football. Interspersed with some driving with the convertible top down and enjoying the fine weather. Maybe wash a car or two.
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 711 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    Hoping to tire out the dogs! Sending husband out with them for one-on-one time.
    It's cooling down here somewhat too, good soup weather, so I'll shop my freezer and build something in my largest dutch oven.
    Need to stop by the farmer's market tomorrow morning for some garlic DH really likes and whatever else catches our eye. If the bank right around the corner is open, DH will probably check our safe deposit box for a piece of paper I spent 45 minutes not finding there this morning.
    Some fun light reading.
    Needlework.
    And I absolutely have to clear out the part of our bedroom where our new bookcases are going. They're on order and I don't want their arrival to sneak up on me.
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19360 replies860 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Such a pleasure to read all this! @MaineLonghorn hope your son shows some improvement.

Love that so many people have friends/food/relaxing plans. JEALOUS of those of you going to watch your kids play sports - especially soccer! Best days of my life watching our kids play sports. LOVE all the outside activities!

@CountingDown our newly poured large front porch and side walk was 100% completed as of last night. It was a long process with a few steps (and also STEPS) - it looks great!
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 74816 replies3279 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I’m going to enjoy the quiet! I’m the only one here!!

Tomorrow morning, I am manning a table at a farmers market until 1. Then...I have no plans.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 3018 replies45 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Relaxing on the screened in porch now. Tomorrow is off to the gym. BUT, I’m in the middle of a 600 page thriller that has taken control of me, so until I finish that, I’m curled up with a book!
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 7282 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 6
    Long soak with a glass of wine.
    Farmer's market and a long walk.
    Block party.
    Another long walk.
    Football :)
    And a book!
    edited September 6
    · Reply · Share
  • HarrietMWelschHarrietMWelsch 2501 replies31 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Just home from running S2 down to a fave school for an interview, with the whole weekend ahead and just indecently happy that there is NOTHING on the social schedule. The weather forecast looks perfect so we will be up and out for early birdwalks both days, hit the farmer's market tomorrow, maybe do some baking. Beyond that, the biggest stress will be NOT nagging about the application process, and I think I can manage that for two days. Maybe.
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19360 replies860 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Looks like lots of farmer's market action this weekend. Bravo. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • JustaMom5465JustaMom5465 1593 replies81 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    H and I are relaxing after a stressful day yesterday, worrying if our beach house would be spared from the wrath of Dorian (it was, but just barely). So it's wine, wine, and some TV..

· Reply · Share
  • Rivet2000Rivet2000 1084 replies2 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    College football on Saturday
    D has an out of town soccer game that we'll be traveling for on Sunday
    Then get ready for our S to visit for a few days before his senior year starts!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4266 replies315 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    At the cottage for our last summer weekend. Cleaning up and putting away! It’s been great, but I’m tired of the drive and carting food back and forth. I’m ready to do other things in my city and with my friends on the weekends!

Tomorrow night we are going with friends on a double decker cruise boat around the lake for a social event. Appetizers, music and drinks. This boat goes around twice a day, and I’ve watched it for 15 years and have never done it.
    · Reply · Share