right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

September Sweep

Replies to: September Sweep

• abasketabasket 19197 replies854 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'll take a look later! I did some last year too. This year I feel the need to do a little "sweep" outside before I sweep inside! I need this to be an October sweep!
    · Reply · Share
    I went ahead and signed up again. Even reading the emails each day keeps "sweeping" in my head.
    · Reply · Share
  • bajammbajamm 1631 replies19 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I signed up, too. I like to think that my house is not very cluttered and that the clutter that is there is not mine, it is my husband's or son's. I will try this to see if I am right or if I am in a state of denial.
    · Reply · Share
  • poetsheartpoetsheart 5488 replies103 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Wow, this sounds great. I’m already in the middle of cleaning and purging my entire house, and it’s making me feel more in control of my life. In a world that seems increasingly out of control, that’s extremely important.
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3031 replies45 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Yep, signed up again. I like the reminders, even if I don’t need to work on a specific item. It gets me in the right mindset to work on something.
    · Reply · Share
  • taverngirltaverngirl 897 replies20 threadsRegistered User Member
    I'm giving it a shot - thanks for sharing!
    · Reply · Share
  • sabaraysabaray 7053 replies80 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I signed up too, thanks for posting! We’re getting ready for a major renovation so the more clutter I can eliminate the better.
    · Reply · Share
  • scorekeeper1scorekeeper1 102 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I signed up as well, but I have a very busy September. October would be better for me too. However, I will give it a go.
    · Reply · Share
  • MAmom111MAmom111 127 replies9 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Can someone give me a sample “tip” maybe from last year? Would just like to get an idea of what kind of tips she gives and if they’re would be helpful for me.
    · Reply · Share
    Here's last year's thread:
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parent-cafe/2099327-september-sweep-decluttering-thread-p1.html

But an example of a daily task was:
    "Today set up a sell pile - a place in a room where you can develop a habit to drop things to sell" - so the task was just to designate a place.
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 12797 replies167 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I haven't signed up -- I still may -- but this weekend I twice discussed possible strategies for tackling the storage room (oh, all right roomS) and came THIS close to actually tossing a box.
    Baby steps.
    · Reply · Share
  • Singersmom07Singersmom07 4139 replies82 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 9
    OK, today is setting up the 3 boxes somewhere out of the way. Sell, Donate, Maybe. Where are you putting yours?? I think mine will go in the spare bedroom. If I put them in the basement that will be the last of them! I actually will only do 2. I don’t sell anything. I donate or trash.
    edited September 9
    · Reply · Share
  • sabaraysabaray 7053 replies80 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I don’t sell stuff either - donate or maybe. Mine are in the laundry room next to the recycling boxes.
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 20883 replies217 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Sounds like it might be a replay of last year. Which is fine, since I didn't complete many last year. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • greenwitchgreenwitch 8726 replies41 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I've had a donate pile going for a few months. Clearly I need this challenge!
    · Reply · Share
    I have a little to the side "nook" in my bedroom - that's where I put my boxes. Actually baskets. Looks a little better than a cardboard box!
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3031 replies45 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I have a corner in my closet where I throw clothes I put on and decide I no longer like for whatever reason. I put a large garbage bag in my mud room for anything on the first floor that I need to send on it’s way. I only use one bag- donate and maybe are the same for me. Once I have a bagful, I give it a look through and rescue anything I’ve changed my mind on. Usually nothing but occasionally one item or so.
    · Reply · Share
  • taverngirltaverngirl 897 replies20 threadsRegistered User Member
    I'm using my living room. It's the only room that isn't in need of decluttering, which is why I need to do this!
    · Reply · Share