right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Enough already on Antonio Brown!

gosmomgosmom 1922 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
Twitter, FB, ESPN, national news, local papers......can't escape it! Beyond appalled at him and his tweets.....and appalled that the Raiders tolerated his nonsense for so long just because he's supposedly a great player. May be a blessing in disguise for Oakland, although they gave up draft picks for this idiot. Sure is curious that the Patriots signed him pronto. Appalled that NFL teams continue to pay huge coin for an athlete that is a such a horrible character....
47 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Enough already on Antonio Brown!

• sushirittosushiritto 4022 replies12 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Knowing the Patriots, they probably colluded with AB’s agent to get AB to post that last video, at a minimum, which triggered the release.
    · Reply · Share
  • GKUnionGKUnion 168 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    TB + AB = SBx7
    · Reply · Share
  • pilot2012pilot2012 242 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Living in a region where black and gold underwear is the norm, glad to see AB off and running (his mouth and accounts) elsewhere; that said, I've wondered about mental health issues. No joke.
    · Reply · Share
  • momtogkcmomtogkc 729 replies19 threadsRegistered User Member
    I am a huge Patriots fan but I don't like when we get players who have such bad reputations. Makes it hard to cheer for someone you don't like. I remember feeling the same way when S23 was little. He was on a seven year old basketball team and there was one kid who was just mean to everybody. The other moms and I had a hard time cheering when he scored knowing he had just yelled at some poor kid a few minutes before. :(
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 22994 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Patriots had no problem dealing with Randy Moss.
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 1938 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Was going to say, they turned Randy Moss into a model teammate for a few yrs. Something about their culture, self policing, unwillingness to deal with crap, etc. Also a huge Pats fan. But I have to say I don't like it. Give me the grinders like Edelman all day long!
    · Reply · Share
    Their willingness to sign such a head case signals that the Pats are “all in” this year because they realize the Brady/Belichick era ends VERY soon.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 4249 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Well it's not even fair... 20 /0 at the half and AB is coming next week. Just give them the trophy now. 🏈. Eldelman, AB, Josh Gordon and you got Chase Winovich from Michigan as a steal.
    · Reply · Share
  • JustaMom5465JustaMom5465 1593 replies81 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 9
    H and I listened to a podcast about Aaron Hernandez ("Gladiator", put out by folks with the Boston Globe - it was good) where they pointed out the the Patriots have a history of bringing in misfits/outcasts that no other teams want. Since these players often have no other option they'll usually settle for low salaries. I never thought about it this way, but I guess it's true.

Disclaimer, I'm not a fan of the Pats.
    edited September 9
    · Reply · Share
  • 3kids2dogs3kids2dogs 138 replies18 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I don’t see how he will be able to play since he’s so attached to his uncertified helmet (that’s sarcasm). In all seriousness, if he plays with a new helmet with no fuss, the Raiders should sue him. And, yes this was all premeditated - and of course the Patriots were involved behind the scene. There are teams out there still negotiating with free agents after 30+ days. You don’t reach a deal in the modern NFL in 30 minutes.

In the grand scheme of things, I don’t really care; but the NBA looks like this now and it’s such a disaster with players only playing where they want and with whom they want.
    · Reply · Share
  • MADadMADad 1993 replies81 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Raiders blew it. There is a rule whereby if he refuses to play for a team, after 5 days, they can place him on a list that allows the Raiders to keep their rights to him, and NOT pay him. Raiders wanted it to be over so badly they just cut all ties.
    · Reply · Share
    edited September 9
    Local sports talk radio, including Hall of Famer Jerry Rice, say this was all by design. AB engineered his way out of Pittsburgh and the only possible teams that would ever take a chance on him were the Browns, Bills or Raiders. He knew that and decided he would accept the trade to the Raiders, but planned the craziness over the past few weeks to get out of whatever team traded for him.
    edited September 9
    · Reply · Share
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 16947 replies159 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Is there really enough room for that ego on any team?
    · Reply · Share
  • 3kids2dogs3kids2dogs 138 replies18 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Wow. And he gets like $9 Mill guaranteed?
    · Reply · Share
    I'm sure there is a morals clause. There was in Aaron Hernandez's contract. This is a civil suit too, not criminal, so I believe he can still play until it is decided.
    · Reply · Share
    Antonio Brown may be the least of the worries for opposing teams...
    · Reply · Share
  • younghossyounghoss 3166 replies18 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    oWNER kRAFT SAYS HE WAS UNAWARE OF THE ACCUSATIONS WHEN THEY SIGNED HIM, AND THAT HE WOULD NOT HAVE SIGNED HIM HAD HE KNOWN. pERSONALLY i AM PLENTY SKEPTICAL OF kRAFT'S STATEMENT. Sorry, caps by accident.
    I do believe tho, in innocent until proven guilty, and I believe that to be true for athletes, CEO's, politicians, and others. Recent curent events show many do not agree with me, but well, that's life.
    · Reply · Share
    This isn't a criminal case so there is no 'guilty' or 'not guilty.' It is a person suing Brown for $$$ damages. I'm not exactly sure why it is in federal court (although the events took place in separate states) and federal cases don't usually fly through the courts, so it could be a long time in reaching the 'facts' stage.

Usually there is an attempt to settle out of court but that isn't a requirement. It may be that A Brown didn't know the case was about the be filed or even that she was planning to file a suit when in the 5 minute negotiations with the Patriots. The timing is suspect as she was getting married this week he was starting a new job.
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 1938 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I don't see how the league can get involved in civil court settlements. If there is no trial, there is no evidence. Even if there is a trial, it's not like a criminal case with guilt or innocence. It will simply be a judgement made based on testimony (not necessarily proof - it's more of a he said / she said thing).

Anyone can come out and accuse anyone else of all sorts of things. You don't want the league getting involved in non criminal activity.
    · Reply · Share