right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Your Favorite Sinful Food!

Replies to: Your Favorite Sinful Food!

• abasketabasket 19311 replies858 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @Massmomm besides mochi I've never heard of any of your items!
    · Reply · Share
  • Midwest67Midwest67 3009 replies13 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I really enjoy a great beer! Goes with the pizza!
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 34312 replies391 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 10
    Having great food prepared perfectly where someone else cooks and someone else cleans—heaven!

If someone else pays the bills as well, even better!
    edited September 10
    · Reply · Share
  • PacNWparentPacNWparent 234 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Last month I had this mochi combination at a Bon Odori in Tacoma. Mochi, topped with sweet bean paste, topped with a strawberry. The bean paste has a chocolately taste and went perfectly with the strawberry.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38891 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Note to self - plan a trip to Tacoma. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • anomanderanomander 1678 replies4 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Taiwanese shaved snow - tough to find the in US outside of the West coast though, and hard to find a really high quality version.

For those that haven’t heard of it:
    https://www.bonappetit.com/entertaining-style/trends-news/article/shaved-snow
    · Reply · Share
  • great lakes momgreat lakes mom 2987 replies28 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I had some of the worse Japanese food in my life in Tacoma. Glad something is good there.

Amazing thread. I enjoy gluttony in many forms, on rare occasion. Distant and unobtainable is what I dream about. Perfect Hong Kong dim sum. Pastries in France. Cheese filled breads in Georgia.

Here in the Midwest, Culvers frozen custard on a hot day is about the best thing accessible. Well, there are some restaurants with fried cheese curds to die for as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • GourmetmomGourmetmom 2797 replies46 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'm probably in the minority here, but my cravings are definitely savory:

Potato chips - not all that picky and very open minded, but Cape Cod is pretty great, along with Lays with ridges (the non ridge chips are way too thin).
    French fries - must be crispy bordering on over done. Rosemary, cheese, truffle? Bring it on.
    Baked potato - butter, chives, salt and pepper.
    Fried calamari - spicy with fried and battered peppers - Rhode Island style
    Hummus of any type scooped up with pita or good crackers.

· Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38891 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Well, @Gourmetmom - I am with you on the savory! I can ignore the dessert menu, but a bread basket served with some good olive tapenade or hummus will get me excited. :)

Just had my dinner of a bag of Costco Madame edamame and a cut up red bell pepper with guacamole. Speaking of guacamole and potatoes, I always crave those two things.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7874 replies505 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @BunsenBurner I’m with you and @Gourmetmom. Speaking of avocado, I love avocado toast on good bread sprinkled with some good salt or everything but the bagel seasoning.
    · Reply · Share
  • 4kids4us4kids4us 640 replies4 threadsRegistered User Member
    @mom60, that is my breakfast 3-4x a week but I also add a scrambled egg on top. The TJ “everything but the bagel” seasoning is a must!

I’m also definitely in the savory category as well when it comes to food cravings/weaknesses.
    · Reply · Share
  • MassmommMassmomm 3921 replies81 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @abasket
    Sweetened chestnut paste is pureed candied chestnuts, sweetened and flavored with vanilla. It comes in a can and you serve it with plain yogurt or, in France, a plain soft cheese called fromage frais. It is so delicious it defies description.

Torrone is soft Italian nougat. Home Goods/TJMaxx sells it for a steep discount, which is unfortunate.

Rum babas are sweet yeast cakes baked in cylindrical molds, and, best of all, doused in rum syrup.

Berry genoise is a sponge cake moistened with simple syrup and filled with whipped cream and berries.

Victoria sponge is similar, though filled with strawberry jam and cream.

Coconut mochi is just mochi made with coconut milk, eggs and butter.
    All of these things are fattening!
    · Reply · Share
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 16940 replies159 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Is hummus a "sinful" food? Or guacamole?
    · Reply · Share
    Guacamole has a ton of calories, both have a ton of salt, and neither is usually eaten alone... :) sounds sinful to me!
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7874 replies505 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I don’t think of guacamole/avocado or hummus as sinful food. What makes it sinful treat to me is eating it on good bread or with freshly fried tortilla chips. In the case of hummus my favorite is from middle eastern places with fresh pita bread. Eaten with fresh vegetables it’s not sinful in my book.
    I love carbs and crave them when I eat them. My waistline and my joints don’t appreciate when I eat a lot of them. In my dream world I’d live on toast and good bagels with good salted butter.
    · Reply · Share
  • CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN 3365 replies11 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    A good chocolate malt or potato chips and French onion dip.

I eat a lot of junk food but do not care for candy corn or Doritos.
    · Reply · Share
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 16940 replies159 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 12
    Avocados have healthy fats...
    I don't put salt in my guacamole and it still tastes great. But yeah, if you eat it with chips, you're getting into trouble area if you are carb intolerant, pre-diabetic or diabetic.

D1 eats hummus, but dips carrots, celery, and cucumber slices in it rather than crackers o pita bread. I like it okay, but rarely have it.
    edited September 12
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 34312 replies391 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Dunno—I like plain, unseasoned avocados and believe they’re probably healthiest that way anyway. We have mini ones on our tree — guilt free and yummy!
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19311 replies858 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    The best dipper with good hummus is fresh, crisp onion wedges.
    · Reply · Share