right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Please don't throw out their legos...

BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38904 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
'cause they want to move out but don't want to move on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdOIHNF2vJc

:)
34 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Please don't throw out their legos...

• HouseChatteHouseChatte 703 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    We have cubic yards of legos -- from DH as well as the kids!
    · Reply · Share
  • GKUnionGKUnion 166 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I still love LEGOs.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 7266 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Haven't thrown out one block! Even have our legos from when we were kids ourselves. Our future grandchildren will be in lego heaven ; )
    · Reply · Share
  • evergreen5evergreen5 1490 replies31 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Ouch. (I've been organizing all week, with many bags going to charity and trash. I'm not getting rid of legos, but they are not spread out all over the family room anymore. And I ordered a new sofa.)
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 74793 replies3278 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    We have thousands of Legos in a bin...along with all the directions to assemble the different items from which they came. This includes a couple of those castle sets. It’s a huge bin.
    · Reply · Share
  • cshell2cshell2 555 replies7 threadsRegistered User Member
    We have so. many. Legos. Seriously. It's ridiculous. We have all the assembly instructions, but I wish my kids would have kept the kits together, instead they're all combined in massive bins. We're talking a couple 18 gallon Rubbermaid containers full.
    · Reply · Share
  • vistajayvistajay 1463 replies27 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Our eldest has graduated college, has a job across the country, and is well on the way to being self sustaining. So you'd think it would now be ok to box up her room and turn it into a guestroom, right? Nope. Howls of protest!
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 12810 replies167 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    That's a great song. That said, my Lego-loving son was OK if I passed on his Legos when he was in his early twenties. I packed em up and send them to a woman whose autistic/turett's syndrome son got great pleasure from sitting for hours at a time, building Lego creations. When he outgrew them, my friend passed the Legos to another child in her support group.

Legos may be one of the greatest toys ever. Pass them on.
    · Reply · Share
  • OHMomof2OHMomof2 12871 replies242 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @BunsenBurner I am not ready to read that today!!! (Youngest moved to post grad city/job last month. Sniff. )
    · Reply · Share
  • yucca10yucca10 1260 replies37 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    We have boxes and boxes of Legos. I think when I'm old and broke, I'll be able to make a living by selling them online one brick at a time (they range from a few cents to a few dollars on Bricklink).
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19337 replies859 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Never. :) <3

Cute song. I was hoping there was video!
    · Reply · Share
  • TatinGTatinG 6433 replies113 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I hated stepping on those things with bare feet. First toys I threw out when the kids moved out.
    · Reply · Share
  • Techno13Techno13 175 replies7 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    The Legos are going. My kids must clean out their rooms and pack up belongings into 1 box before they leave for college. We're going to downsize homes. I'll probably cry but it has to happen!
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18517 replies324 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Oh gosh, I was delighted when I finally donated them!!
    · Reply · Share
  • happymomof1happymomof1 29664 replies175 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Legos are sacred here too, but not so many of them. What would ruin my relationship with Happykid would be if I dared to eliminate the Barbies and their containment devices. 😂
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 14068 replies62 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 17
    Fun song.

When we downsized and moved more than a thousand miles OOS all of son's put together Lego projects were photographed and dismantled. He did not take them with him and I was not going to create space for them. If he really wants to he can redo them.

Back when son was young you could buy buckets with the bricks. Later I only saw kits for defined models. There goes much of the creativity, sigh.

We still have the Legos in a bin in a closet here. Thinking of giving them away with the next downsize. We had also kept the Duplos which I recently gave to neighbors with young kids. Better they get used than saved for unlikely small visitors.

We also kept most of his small cars and trucks- Matchbox et al- until recently. Hard to come by all the various models. However, got son's permission, packed them up and sent them in a medium USPS box to his cousin with a young boy (happens to be in the same city so son can theoretically still see them). Thank you US Post Office for your volume, not weight, shipping!

Regarding Barbie. Eons ago, we all just had one of the dolls and bought/made different clothing for them. Next generation- every new outfit needed a new doll. A bunch of us girls would get together to play. I wonder if later on girls more often played solo with multiple dolls?
    edited September 17
    · Reply · Share
  • NorthernMom61NorthernMom61 4179 replies30 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Our daughter has nearly every Harry Potter set of Legos in plastic boxes stacked in one of the two closets in her room. She started the collection at around six years old with some birthday money and it just went on for years. She would set up Harry Potter land for weeks at a time. She was (is still) so into Harry Potter that giving away her Lego sets would feel sort of like giving her away. I just would never be able to do it. Of course these sets will all be sent to her at some point during the next few years.
    · Reply · Share