right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Stitch Fix for men

conmamaconmama 4240 replies314 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
Has anyone here, or their guys, tried this? (Or women). I was thinking of getting a gift card for this for my DS, who hates to shop but needs some guidance! However, he’s such a procrastinator and can be a little lazy, that I don’t think he will take the time to send back what he doesn’t want in 3 days, so then he’ll get charged for it. But maybe not, and it might be fun. They provide pictures on how to style things.

I’m also thinking of giving one to my DH, too.

13 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Stitch Fix for men

• cellomom2cellomom2 676 replies8 threadsRegistered User Member
    My S uses it. He showed up looking sharp in some new clothes and when I asked where he got them he said Stitch Fix. I've been impressed with what they have picked for him and he enjoys not having to go out to shop.
    · Reply · Share
  • OCDaddyOCDaddy 86 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Greatest. Thing. Ever. I have never cared about clothes and hate shopping and I am actually embarrassed at how much I look forward to getting this stupid box.
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4240 replies314 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Thanks! How often did you all decide to receive the box?
    · Reply · Share
  • Midwest67Midwest67 3009 replies13 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @conmama

If you do give it to your son, please report back!
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4240 replies314 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @Midwest67 , I will, his birthday is at the end of next month. He needs new clothes, so I think this is the perfect gift!
    · Reply · Share
  • cellomom2cellomom2 676 replies8 threadsRegistered User Member
    DS just gets his one box at a time, whenever he can afford it.
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19306 replies858 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    How about Prime Wardrobe?
    https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Fashion/b/?ie=UTF8&bbn=14807110011&node=7147441011&ref_=sv_tbyb_l0_3

Don't know if anyone has tried this (men, women's or children)
    · Reply · Share
  • MarilynMarilyn 3705 replies124 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'm going to keep this in mind for DS's birthday in a few months. He has no clue how to shop and a slightly hard to fit body. A couple of years ago, I gave him a Nordstrom's gift card and strongly encouraged him to go see a personal stylist. He finally did after about six months and found it useful but hasn't changed his (non) shopping habits.
    · Reply · Share
  • OCDaddyOCDaddy 86 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Fit and curation are what you are paying for. It’s a little pricey but they do a great job trying to understand your taste and style. Best of all after the fact you get to review what you received and they fine-tune accordingly. They even ask very specific questions about fit that helps them perfect the sizing. I’m very tall and hard to fit and they have been nailing it. I’m four boxes (one year) in and I’m always disappointed when I have to resort to a non-stitch fix article. Feels like I’m wearing a burlap sack.

And no, not a paid stitch fix spokesman. I’m as surprised as anyone that it has proven worthwhile. I thought my wife was nuts for signing me up. Now I’m just living for my next fix.
    · Reply · Share
  • maya54maya54 2136 replies88 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 18
    I haven’t tried from the men’s side but what @OCDaddy says about the SF is exactly why I love about it too. From the women’s side a lot of the better fit is because as I understand it SF has some things made exclusively for them and because they are crowd sourcing fit. (Seeing what other people with your same measurements report as great fitting) I had to rebuild my wardrobe after losing weight, so I’ve done SF a lot ( a box a month) I was having trouble getting tops that were narrow enough to look good while fitting across my large chest. SF has a brand Daniel Rainn that fits me better than anything I have ever found. I have a girlfriend who is 4 feet 11 inches who before SF never got a pair of pants or jeans that didn’t need to be shortened. SF sends her those all the time.
    edited September 18
    · Reply · Share
  • LindaFromNYLindaFromNY 40 replies16 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I've used Trunk Club for my husband. It's expensive, but was for a special occasion and well worth it
    · Reply · Share
  • dcolosidcolosi 531 replies23 threadsRegistered User Member
    I actually just cancelled my Stitch Fix. I did it for just under two years and while I liked the concept and did get a few items that I really liked, I discovered that I could find very similar items locally for a lot less. I also ran into a few boxes where the stylist just didn't listen to me at all in the requests. I ended up returning more items than I kept and I just couldn't justify the cost per item when I started to look at the math.

For me it was hit or miss and it just wasn't worth it. My wife has had much better luck than me. I think she get's items that we wouldn't find around here so she's received some nice outfits.

· Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4543 replies180 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    One of my sons tried this “box” concept from Nordstrom. He only did it once, because it wasn’t cheap, but he wound up keeping the jeans and the “tennis shoes” (casual white sneakers - whatever you call them) they put in the box.
    He is not a normally a jeans guy, so it was a big deal for him to like/keep the jeans.
    · Reply · Share