right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Three days in Nashville, favorite restaurants, music venues?

Lassie3Lassie3 205 replies18 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
Last minute trip planning here, going midweek next week. Got tickets to Grand Ole Opry for one night. Taking a walking tour, but looking for other suggestions.
17 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Three days in Nashville, favorite restaurants, music venues?

• MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22698 replies191 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Do a search on this site. We had a good Nashville thread a few years ago with lots of suggestions. The Country Music Hall of Fame (right downtown) is excellent. There are really good smaller music venues like The Listening Room and many of the bars on Broadway. Broadway can get a little crazy and irritating, though. A tour of the Ryman and any concert at the Ryman would be a highlight of your trip.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2VU06092VU0609 3535 replies59 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I have mentioned this multiple times through the years, but the Studio B tour, which is an add on to the Country Music Hall of Fame tour, is my favorite part of a Country Music Hall of Fame visit. Close to downtown, I enjoy Germantown Cafe. I made a run to Nashville for a library event a month ago and we ate at Puckett's Grocery on Church Street. It was very good, but you would most enjoy it if you are a bar-b-q fan. I love Pancake Pantry on 21st Street for breakfast/brunch, but there is often a line out the door. Josephine on 12 South is delightful. Maybe my favorite of all I have mentioned here, although Pancake Pantry has the best french toast I have ever eaten.
    · Reply · Share
  • MAmom111MAmom111 136 replies10 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    We just went and ate at Puckett’s. Everyone had the hot chicken sandwich. which they said was great and I had the fried chicken and it was fabulous. We also had lunch at Woolworth’s and that was really good as well. Biscuit Love in the Gulch was really good for breakfast but get there early, the line gets very long. You order at the counter and they bring you your food.

If you like to drink, the Pedal Pub is a lot of fun. All the places on Broadway had great music. There are no cover charges so we would just pop in and out until we found a band that we liked. Go during the day or early evening if you want a more quiet atmosphere. Wildhorse Saloon was fun to learn some line dancing.
    · Reply · Share
    When D & her sorority sisters went downtown during college, their favorite place was The Stage.
    · Reply · Share
  • Youdon'tsayYoudon'tsay 19205 replies459 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Our group last time made the drive to Lynchburg and the Jack Daniels distillery. Tours, including sampling, can be had for $20 and are really fun. Next month we are doing the East Nashville Food Tour, a walking tour that happens in various parts of town. My trainer did it in July and recommended it. Google it.

By any chance, do you have Sirius XM? If so, you might know the Music Row Happy Hour on Friday at Margaritaville on Broadway. It's free to get into and often they have live music. I've seen Carly Pearce and Jimmie Allen there. Fun for partiers.

I think Vanderbilt is beautiful. You could just walk around there.
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22698 replies191 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Y’all are making me glad I live in this awesome place! My daughter just bought a house (older) in East Nashville. She loves that area. We had dinner at the Pharmacy last night for my birthday and it had the best hamburger in town! (And good beer)
    · Reply · Share
    I second that burger at the Pharmacy. MOWC, have you been to Marche since your D is in East Nashville? We ate there in 2011 for pre-graduation dinner for S & DIL as they finished law school. I thought it was delicious, but haven't made it back. I think the owners have several local restaurants, but can't remember what the others are.
    · Reply · Share
  • sevmomsevmom 8389 replies55 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I loved the Johnny Cash Museum.
    · Reply · Share
    She just moved there, so I haven’t been to too many places over there yet. I’m sort of Williamson County... :)
    · Reply · Share
  • Youdon'tsayYoudon'tsay 19205 replies459 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Pharmacy is a favorite for ds2. We loved it. I'm surprised it doesn't get more press. Ds2 told me when I'm there next month he wants to take me to Husk. Anyone now what that is? I'm Googling.
    · Reply · Share
    I haven't been there, but Lockeland Table is one of D & SIL's favorites.
    · Reply · Share
  • LennonLennon 127 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Husk is a beautiful, more upscale for Nashville restaurant, in a pretty old house, farm to table cuisine. Very nice! I also love Puckett's for dinner when they have live music. Very easy and laid back and the food is good. Margot Cafe is also delicious, nice atmosphere. Robert's Western World is fun-it's a honky tonk close to the Ryman. Maybe kind of touristy but fun! Live music, bar food. Give that a google and see if it's your scene. I used to go to Nashville for work a few times each year-it's a fun town! I love their airport-so easy to fly in and out of there.
    · Reply · Share
  • great lakes momgreat lakes mom 2989 replies28 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I found Broadway rather intense when I went there for a wedding in another part of the city. Crazy bars are not my thing, regardless. Parking is wildly expensive and I was told by my airbnb host that Uber is cheaper for a trip downtown. Regardless, I found Pancho and Lefty's just off Broadway with a singer/songwriter performing. The food was good and the rooftop at sunset with the music enjoyable.

The following day I went to the plantation, Belle Meade and appreciated their tour and a feeling for the history of the area.

Someday will return and explore further.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 74793 replies3278 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Every time there is a Nashville thread, I’m reminded that I need to get there!
    · Reply · Share
    We love our airport! There is a local tradition of taking of picture of the unique airport carpet when you return from a trip and posting it on social media. I have a personal tradition of touching the airport floor when I de-plane. I travel quite a bit on business and I'm always SO glad to be back at BNA.

We have a beautiful large park (I think largest urban park besides Central Park) with trails and roads for hiking, running, biking and horseback riding. Percy Warner Park. I would recommend it if you want some nature activities.
    · Reply · Share
  • kelsmomkelsmom 15582 replies98 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    For music, try 12th & Porter or 3rd & Lindsley. For free music, we always used to go to the Holiday Inn next to Vanderbilt for live music. The live music in the bar was always wonderful.
    · Reply · Share
  • missypiemissypie 17980 replies503 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    We enjoyed Old Smoky Moonshine Distillery ...moonshine tasting, live music, food trucks, outdoor games.
    We also really enjoyed the Johnny Cash museum. There is a station where you can act as sound mixer...I could have stayed there and played with that for hours.
    · Reply · Share