right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Stocking Stuffers, 2019

1214mom1214mom 4718 replies188 threads Senior Member
Well, I think I’m about done with stocking stuffers for this year, but always looking for fun additions.
My kids have big stockings, and I think I will be doing stockings for significant others this year. They were very happy with practical things I gave them last year, so I’m trying for mostly practical again. So far I have: stroopwaffles, trail mix, nuts, Toblerone bars, hand soap, pasta, sponges, Kleenex, and I can’t remember what else.
What will you be putting in stockings this year?
103 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Stocking Stuffers, 2019

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 8382 replies71 threads Senior Member
    I found really cute painted chip clips that are going in my D's stocking, mints, the inspirational tissues for her backpack, and a Starbucks gift card.
    · Reply · Share
  • yauponreduxyauponredux 740 replies25 threads Member
    Individual packet RX almond butter, Kind bars
    Nuun tablets
    lip balm
    Mini dry shampoo
    Nail polish
    Trader Joe’s hand cream
    · Reply · Share
  • taverngirltaverngirl 1261 replies37 threads Senior Member
    We are big on fun socks, food, cosmetic type items, and gift cards. Always looking for new ideas!
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 34869 replies395 threads Senior Member
    edited November 2019
    Flash drives that are USB-C or USB 3.0 are useful—maybe in a bright fun color.

Favorite nostalgic candy and treats?
    edited November 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 22071 replies233 threads Senior Member
    I haven't really started yet (boy you all are organized if you are approaching doneness!)
    but I will be including some of those reusable mesh produce bags for grocery shopping.
    · Reply · Share
  • mominvamominva 3077 replies36 threads Senior Member
    Toothbrushes and candy here, too. This year I'm adding Deet and sunscreen for our January Costa Rica trip. Lottery scratch offs and some small gadget - kitchen or otherwise.
    · Reply · Share
  • kiddiekiddie 3583 replies223 threads Senior Member
    I just bought a mini bottle of Prosecco for my daughter for Christmas. Did it last year also. She doesn't spend New Years with us, and this way she has some bubbly for the night.
    · Reply · Share
  • smakl70smakl70 274 replies2 threads Junior Member
    My boys are getting socks, boxer shorts (tradition), candy, some inexpensive guitar accessories and ???
    · Reply · Share
  • ChaosParent23ChaosParent23 538 replies31 threads Member
    S19 is getting some more wool socks, definitely!
    Some Godiva, one of those huge hand made candy canes you see at Fresh Market.
    I want to get everyone an electric toothbrush.
    Usually B & N and iTunes cards
    Gold coin chocolates are tradition in our house
    Little S loves bath bombs, especially the one from Lush that smells like grass
    New phone/game controller charger cords tend to be very welcome as well as those little cord saver spiral thingys

Stockings are going to be a little less chock-full this year bc we decided to spring for Disney+ as part of everyone's stocking. A little card w/ the log-in will go into the stockings.
    · Reply · Share
  • FallGirlFallGirl 8159 replies27 threads Senior Member
    I pick up socks (dress and athletic/running) as well as chapstick packs every year. Costco sells Head Ultrafit touchscreen running gloves for $10.00 and they are great so all 3 kids (D, SIL and S) will be getting a pair. I saw a collapsible metal drinking straw I can order (3 for $29.00) online. I also like discount movie tickets. And of course, nail clippers for the guys.
    · Reply · Share
  • NhatrangNhatrang 494 replies1 threads Member
    We are apple products crazies here. Stocking will be portable iPhone chargers with, charging cables, airpods, airpod holders - with different colors (very important! lol) , and the original Werther's original caramel hard candy.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23246 replies2302 threads Senior Member
    My kids are all over 21. I put a full bottle of wine in the stocking (takes up a lot of space)n along with a pair of Bombas socks, an apple (in the toe), a Starbucks gift card, good chapstick, and some other odds and ends. This year I also got everyone credit card size phone chargers.
    · Reply · Share
  • showmom858showmom858 2996 replies16 threads Senior Member
    I just ordered the credit card phone chargers as stocking stuffers for everyone. I also do gift cards and good hand lotion and travel size perfume for my Ds stockings.
    · Reply · Share
  • ChaosParent23ChaosParent23 538 replies31 threads Member
    Might surprise DH w/ a bottle of his fave Scotch
    · Reply · Share
  • BmacNJBmacNJ 121 replies17 threads Junior Member
    NY Ranger tickets and Concert Tickets (Thinking Florida Georgia Line/Kenny Chesney) into kids and wife stockings. It's like a gift to myself as well.
    · Reply · Share