right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day???

abasketabasket 20229 replies892 threads Senior Member
I've always celebrated with my kids (see other thread) but H and I do not really celebrate except I might make some heart shaped brownies because why not?......

But I'd love to sit back and read what others might do or plans to celebrate tomorrow/this weekend.
62 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day???

• taverngirltaverngirl 1353 replies38 threads Senior Member
    DH and I typically have a nice dinner out and exchange cards but no gifts. Well, he does usually bring me flowers or roses, though I do tell him not to every year. I send a small stuffed something to d at school, along with some candy. S, still at home, gets a card and candy as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 8807 replies85 threads Senior Member
    edited February 13
    We exchange cards and have a nice meal. Sometimes out, sometimes at home.

We got engaged on Valentine’s Day so it’s special to me.

We always give D a small gift and when she was small, we would do high tea at the Ritz. She loved it.
    edited February 13
    · Reply · Share
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes 33619 replies769 threads Senior Member
    No. I've never seen the point tbh
    · Reply · Share
  • Midwest67Midwest67 3389 replies13 threads Senior Member
    Nope. H is in the hospitality biz and it has a different meaning.

Blech.
    · Reply · Share
  • AmyMathAmyMath 38 replies2 threads Junior Member
    We do. Nothing elaborate, but something with a little extra thought
    · Reply · Share
  • ams5796ams5796 520 replies4 threads Member
    H and I are going to a fancy restaurant in our area that we love and using Valentine's Day as our excuse. We'll exchange cards too. I bought my one year old granddaughter a whole bunch of Valentine's gifts. Again, I love the excuse!
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4634 replies334 threads Senior Member
    No, never did once we got married...haha. I would buy him a box of candy later on when I one for the kids. I’d eat it, too!
    · Reply · Share
  • NhatrangNhatrang 559 replies1 threads Member
    Absolutely! But we are celebrating with 3 other couples. Honestly I am just happy to find an excuse to go out and see our friends. Jan, Feb, March are such long months!
    · Reply · Share
  • mathmommathmom 32783 replies160 threads Senior Member
    Low key. Exchange of cards most often homemade. Sometimes chocolates (which we share though he buys them). DH usually gets flowers. Sometimes I make a slightly nicer meal - maybe with something pink like salmon.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 5496 replies25 threads Senior Member
    So, I the husband, usually get a card and then go to our supermarket early in the morning to get roses.. They are very inexpensive there and great quality. I "always" bump into much younger guys going round and round looking at flowers. It's funny it's usually all guys there at this time. I actually suggest what they should do. This happens every year.. Lol....

We will most likely watch movie or something like that after dinner. We never used this as an excuse for a expensive dinner.. But.... Maybe Thai at our favorite place for the lunch special??? But it's going to be like 19 degrees... Maybe they will deliver.. Lol.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 8120 replies512 threads Senior Member
    We don’t celebrate big but my H will usually get a card, flowers and a chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s. He would be happy to go out for dinner but we will instead make our only on special days meal. Crispy tacos- we only make them a few times of the year since they are messy with all the oil and not very healthy. It’s a real treat. They are the first meal my H ever made for me when we first lived together.
    I don’t do anything for my kids now that they are adults.
    · Reply · Share
  • LennonLennon 143 replies2 threads Junior Member
    We exchange cards and chocolates. I have some little pink things for my daughter-a bath bomb, a lip gloss...to go with her chocolates. One year DH was feeling particularly appreciative of me and he bought me a necklace that I now wear every day! Great gift. But mostly we just do funny cards and chocolates after dinner at home.
    · Reply · Share
  • raclutraclut 3742 replies237 threads Senior Member
    edited February 13
    Trader Joe's really looks festive for Valentine's day. It looks more like a flower shop. I bought some things for my D that I'm sure she will appreciate. She is going out with a bunch of coworkers for a celebration dinner.
    edited February 13
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 14281 replies64 threads Senior Member
    edited February 13
    Our anniversay is just a couple of weeks later-35 years. This year my H and I agreed no cards since it is hard to repeat the same (loving) sentiments in such a short time frame. a relief to not have to find a card and our personal day is so much more important to us than the everyman's day. We wil acknowledge the day- but no flowers, candy et al. Retired and with funds we can go places when things are not as crowded as well. Ages and stages.
    edited February 13
    · Reply · Share