right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Has COVID spoiled your campus visit plans? Meet with 50+ schools at our virtual college fair College Fair tomorrow, Sept. 29! Register NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Rafting trips and getting from one end to the other

somemomsomemom 11077 replies337 threads Senior Member
A friend is doing a rafting trip from Cambridge, ID to Lewsiton, ID. The company offers the service that they will drive your car to Lewiston. No one in the group wants a random person driving their car & the service says the insurance coverage is YOUR insurance. None of these people want to be at risk of an lawsuits if any driver gets in an accident.

Anyone done these trips? Any great ideas for transport one way, from Lewiston to Cambridge? They could leave their cars in Lewiston (4 people) and get a ride to Cambridge.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rafting trips and getting from one end to the other

• 1214mom1214mom 5483 replies198 threads Senior Member
    Trips I’ve been on like this (biking, multi-sport, not rafting) have always had the option of taking you back to where you started as part of the package.
    I would NOT let some random person drive my car.
    I don’t know how far these points are from each other, but could they leave one car in each place?
    · Reply · Share
  • somemomsomemom 11077 replies337 threads Senior Member
    It's about 3.5-4 hours between the two towns, so 7-8 hours of driving if you go round trip. Good to hear they are not crazy in their feelings.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 84654 replies752 threads Senior Member
    How much does a one way rental car from the end point to the start point cost?
    · Reply · Share
  • Twoin18Twoin18 2264 replies21 threads Senior Member
    In the current COVID conditions, it would feel safer to me to have someone drive my car at the start of the trip and leave it empty for a few days at the end. I’ve thought of going rafting this summer but am not enthused at the idea of sharing a shuttle bus to the drop in point.

Is it such a nice car that you wouldn’t ever let someone else drive it?
    · Reply · Share