right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Verto Education gives first-year students the opportunity to travel, earn college credit, and graduate in four years. RSVP for their virtual fair on Sept. 29 and engage with them in an exclusive AMA session.
Get all the info you need to know to complete the FAFSA during our LIVE webinar Thursday, Sept 24, at 7pm ET. Hear from financial aid experts on deadlines, what documents you will need, and how your info will be used to calculate aid. REGISTER NOW and share your questions.
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Interior design folks - Weird empty corner in office/overflow guest bedroom with sleeper sofa

HoggirlHoggirl 2229 replies221 threads Senior Member
The room is technically a 3rd bedroom, but we are using it as dh’s office for working from home. He will eventually be back in an off-site office, but the room needs to stay primarily an office. We have a very nice dedicated guest bedroom with a king bed in it, so it would be rare we would use the office for guests, but I want it to be as comfortable as possible and functional as such.

The room is small - maybe 11 x 11?? Large windows on the wall across the from door into the room - dh’s desk is under those. To the right of the entry door is a closet with bifold doors, very little hanging space, but tons of shelves that are super for a room that is primarily an office. They are filled. Past the closet on that same wall is a wall-mounted TV with bookcases underneath. The wall across from those is where sleeper sofa is. It can’t be centered on the wall because it would crowd the desk and desk chair. It’s about a foot from the wall that has the entry door and about four feet from the wall where the windows are.

The corner between the edge of the desk and the edge of the sleeper sofa is empty. It would nicely hold a luggage rack when someone stayed in there. Challenges are the only light in the room is currently an overhead light and there is no little side table for a guest sleeping on the sleeper sofa to set anything on. I could put a floor lamp on the end of the sleeper sofa that is super close the wall, but that doesn’t solve the need for a side table.

Should I just leave the corner empty in anticipation of using a luggage rack? Should I look for a night stand with drawers? It couldn’t be very large and couldn’t hold very much, so I think it wouldn’t be very useful. The room is going to be really tight with the bed pulled out, but the empty corner looks kind of dumb right now.

Any ideas at all?
21 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Interior design folks - Weird empty corner in office/overflow guest bedroom with sleeper sofa