right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Has COVID spoiled your campus visit plans? Meet with 50+ schools at our virtual college fair College Fair tomorrow, Sept. 29! Register NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Name one thing you will do, that you’ve been putting off, after we are past Covid.

conmamaconmama 5033 replies354 threads Senior Member
As I’m mixing my old fashioned tonight, I was thinking when we are past this I’m doing the bourbon trail in Kentucky. Maybe if I’m able, do the Kentucky Derby, too. (Although not sure I would spend $1k for a seat or be willing to stand for hours on end in general admission)). But it would be fun.

What will you do?
59 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Name one thing you will do, that you’ve been putting off, after we are past Covid.

• 2018dad2018dad 1206 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Travel and eat out. Anywhere. As long as I’m not scared that I’ll get infected.
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 5033 replies354 threads Senior Member
    I mean one thing you’ve never done before!
    · Reply · Share
  • Singersmom07Singersmom07 4447 replies82 threads Senior Member
    Visit Italy. Alaskan Cruise.
    · Reply · Share
  • patsmompatsmom 4355 replies527 threads Senior Member
    Have rotator cuff surgery as soon as our hospitals start allowing elective surgeries again.
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 2757 replies23 threads Senior Member
    Viking River Cruise on the Danube was booked and cancelled. Need to revisit that.

Definitely want to spend some serious time in Europe. Will start planning AirBnB trips once we're done with college costs. Thinking I should do one nice European trip per yr. I'd like to start in Portugal.
    · Reply · Share
  • techmom99techmom99 3543 replies6 threads Senior Member
    i'm another one with an engagement party to plan. Also, youngest son's graduation has to be scheduled. Plus, if D and fiance stay in Montana, I'd like to plan a visit out there.
    · Reply · Share
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls 6822 replies2 threads Senior Member
    If you had asked me six weeks ago I would have said "eat in restaurants". However, restaurants are open now where we live. They are getting less business, but most still seem to be doing okay.

At this point, what I would like to do is to travel. I am assuming and hoping that travel to Canada will open up before May so that I can attend a graduation at a university in eastern Canada. I also want to visit a few other people and a few other places.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2018dad2018dad 1206 replies10 threads Senior Member
    @DadTwoGirls I could travel and eat out but I wouldn’t, because I fear of getting infected.
    · Reply · Share
  • dragonmomdragonmom 6226 replies156 threads Senior Member
    Do you you remember the old dismissive saying “ Go jump in the lake.? That’s what I would like to do...
    · Reply · Share
  • riverandsasha3riverandsasha3 160 replies19 threads Junior Member
    Doing my college apps...
    · Reply · Share
  • SingswimsewSingswimsew 136 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Oh boy I'd like to have dinner at a nice restaurant. And go to the theater. And go back to my pool. And sing in my chorus. And maybe watch the sunset over a lake in upstate New York or Maine or Minnesota.
    · Reply · Share
  • snowballsnowball 3162 replies260 threads Senior Member
    Take our 40th anniversary trip to the beach with the kids and grandkids. It was to be our first family trip with the kids and their spouses, so something we were really looking forward to. The plus side to it being delayed is the girls will be older and will enjoy the trip more.
    · Reply · Share
  • Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 3736 replies91 threads Senior Member
    We are going to visit New Orleans. DD has everything done for her Congressional Award except for her exploration requirement. She proposed planning a camping trip to get it done, but I glamp, not camp.

We also have a few college visits to catch up on.
    · Reply · Share
  • Bromfield2Bromfield2 4030 replies38 threads Senior Member
    Travel--first trip--return to Croatia and Italy.
    · Reply · Share