right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, and Student Voices - vol. 3 eBooks NOW!

Whatcha Doing This Weekend - Last weekend of September!

abasketabasket 22111 replies936 threads Senior Member
HOW did we get to the last weekend of September?!

It's truly a summer weather weekend here in Ohio. That should change early next week.

Plans for this weekend include pupsitting our grandpup Saturday for an overnight. My weekly visit to my mom. Maybe tackle another outdoor painting job. Usual exercise. In addition to my usual running, etc. I've gotten in a nice habit of a nice long 5-6 mile walk Sunday mornings - my church. :) It's one of my favorite parts of the week!

With the warm weather I'd also like to see a stop for ice cream before the local summer shops close. I highly recommend that to others too. :)
44 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Whatcha Doing This Weekend - Last weekend of September!

• HighTide2020HighTide2020 165 replies1 threads Junior Member
    We are going into San Antonio to the River Walk for some outdoor seating, beer drinking and live music on Saturday night. First time there is ages (well, since COVID hit). It's a bit of a drive for us, but we want a change of scenery from the closer outdoor venues.

Otherwise- a few tasks around the house and property and maybe some pool time.
    · Reply · Share
  • DramaMama2021DramaMama2021 46 replies4 threads Junior Member
    edited September 25
    A much-needed and long-overdo ladies' weekend at the beach. 30A, here we come!
    edited September 25
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 22111 replies936 threads Senior Member
    Oh, now I realize once I post this weekend thread I always get jealous! :)

Beach time - yay!

I was able to enjoy the River Walk one year in April - a good time to be down there - it was very enjoyable and the weather was a treat from Ohio weather! Enjoy!
    · Reply · Share
  • HoggirlHoggirl 2268 replies223 threads Senior Member
    Watching SEC football!!!!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • NJresNJres 6145 replies189 threads Senior Member
    I am running a virtual 5k on Saturday, and Sunday.... never mind, you don't want to know! LOL!

Holy @toledo I am playing golf 2 (sometimes 3) times per week and still insist on solo carts and we haven't done lunch yet, although we have talked about carrying out and eating outside. Sharing a cart outdoors I don't think is especially dangerous (I just like to be safe given a choice) and your husband's exposure at lunch obviously depends on lots of things, time, distance, ventilation. He could easily come out negative. Hope so!
    · Reply · Share
  • musicmommusicmom 2480 replies89 threads Senior Member
    DH and I will take the kayaks out on the lake, probably for a last spin before stashing them away.
    We went out yesterday. Beautiful bright sunny but cool day here in NJ.
    · Reply · Share
  • CountingDownCountingDown 13835 replies114 threads Senior Member
    @northshoreofma, the Olney Theatre is near me! We've been there a number of times. They put out some really impressive and innovative work. They did an incredible revival of Cabaret last year that won lots of awards.
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 35865 replies404 threads Senior Member
    edited September 26
    @NJres We've got a virtual zero k next weekend, via a local Irish pub. Folks can Zoom in.

Did the ladies dinner on Thursday. Outside, so yes, chilly. This weekend, cleaning before my cleaning lady comes back from her covid break. And wondering why I'm cleaning for her. But it's cathartic.
    edited September 26
    · Reply · Share