right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Sweet Land

PackMomPackMom 7650 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7,667 Senior Member
edited February 2007 in Parent Cafe
Has anybody seen this movie? H and I just saw it and thought it was great. The scenery was so beautiful, it almost made you want to move to Minnesota. Just a beautifully acted sweet story. We live in the suburbs of a large city with lots of movie theaters and this great movie is only playing in one theater in the next county over. That's an injustice to this movie in my opinion.
edited February 2007
3 replies
Post edited by PackMom on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Sweet Land

• coureurcoureur 11196 replies190 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11,386 Senior Member
    Seems to be a regional movie. I've never seen it playing here in SoCal, but I travel to MN regularly on business, and Sweet Land has been perpetually playing there for months. But even in MN it seems to be only in the rural and smaller mall theaters. The mondo multiplex cinemas aren't playing it in Minnesota either.

PS: If you were in Minnesota this week, as I was, with its below zero temps, you might not be quite so keen to move there.
    · Reply · Share
  • fireflyscoutfireflyscout 5294 replies169 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Thanks for the heads up. Currently, it's only playing in San Antonio in Texas (??), but I'll definitely put it in my Netflix queue. And coureur, it warmed up into the 20s recently - D was quite happy.
    · Reply · Share
  • SuNaSuNa 889 replies34 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 923 Member
    Ha, everybody knows that Minnesota is the best state in the Union . . .
    I saw the movie and enjoyed it but I recall that several parts were confusing -- left unexplained. It was a sweet movie, though.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity