right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread

Replies to: Say it here cause you can't say it directly- the get it off your chest thread

• ChedvaChedva 18851 replies11614 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    16 months and counting.
    · Reply · Share
  • Youdon'tsayYoudon'tsay 19165 replies457 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    1) I love that this is taking up your dad's mental space. He calls me to tell me about the situation I already knew about; you called me first, and I told you to call him. He now "owns" the mental baggage around it. Welcome to my life for the past 27 years! He acts like this is a big deal; it's not ... you'll either get it done or you'll have to wait a day to leave.

2) Some of you need to lighten up.
    · Reply · Share
  • busyparentbusyparent 999 replies43 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    6 months
    · Reply · Share
  • GoatGirl19GoatGirl19 308 replies5 threadsRegistered User Member
    I know it's putting a lot of pressure on you, but I've been waiting on this thing for nearly two months and you've never accepted my repeated offers of help. I know I'm a 22 year old woman, but (a) I've been helping to build stuff since I was 8 years old, including parts of a house, (b) I have a degree in engineering, and (c) I'm kinda one of your bosses, so "It'll get done when it gets done" is not an acceptable answer and you'll be hearing from my PI. There's no need to be rude and all I needed was whether it would be done, like, next week or in three weeks so I could make a plan instead of waiting around. The fact that you weren't rude to the more senior grad student who visited you later is really telling. I hope you'll trust me more in the future because otherwise this will be a long six years.
    · Reply · Share
  • allyphoeallyphoe 2366 replies57 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Yay, new baby! It wasn't until I realized I'm now a great-aunt that I felt old!
    · Reply · Share
  • Beenthere22Beenthere22 49 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Why, oh why, did my next-door neighbors choose such an ugly design in expanding their house, and what do other neighbors expect us to say when they ask how we like it?
    · Reply · Share
  • fretfulmotherfretfulmother 1950 replies46 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    You have a lot of nerve flying right in my face in flagrante delicto, stupid fruit flies! I thought you reproduced spontaneously, but apparently you do so via hookups. Ha, windexed at least one of you for now (your partner escaped with cowardice and his/her life).
    · Reply · Share
  • fretfulmotherfretfulmother 1950 replies46 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Regarding the PBS I hear in the background: How did they pick the most annoying character on Mr. Rogers and give him his own Spinoff for all these years? (Daniel Striped Tiger)
    · Reply · Share
  • greenwitchgreenwitch 8725 replies41 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    So "Joanna" was supposed to call me back a week or so ago and she never did. I call the office. She's not here now, do you want to be put on the waitlist? Maybe I'm on the waitlist from when I called 2 weeks ago? Sorry, no. I'll put you on. NUMBER 42!

Oh, you people are TERRIBLE!!!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7838 replies504 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I love you and you have a generous heart but I wish you would at least think about offering to drive us to the airport.
    · Reply · Share