right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Shower Mirror

Beil1958Beil1958 599 replies94 threads Member
edited August 2007 in Parent Cafe
Had breakfast with friends this AM--many sending kids off to college soon. As you'd expect the shopping, drop-off experience, etc conversation was quite lively. One said her son wants a shower mirror he can carry into the shower so he can shave, etc. All she can find are mirrors that attach semi- permanently to the showerhead or wall. Is anyone aware of a mirror that might hang temporarily and be transported back and forth from a dorm room? Any experiences I can pass along to my friend? IF it exists, this group will know!!
edited August 2007
7 replies
Post edited by Beil1958 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Shower Mirror

• snowballsnowball 2725 replies245 threads Senior Member
    My husband and son both use the Z'Fogless Adjustable Magnification Mirror at home. It attaches by suction cups and would work fine in a dorm situation if the boy does not mind carrying it back and forth; it is light weight. Most boys just shave at the sink if their dorm has hall baths though. When my son had a suite he did buy the mirror to but in his shower, but not when he had a hall bath.
    I buy them at The Container Store, but I think Bed, Bath and Beyond and similar stores might carry it also.
    · Reply · Share
    Yes, that is the one we have, although it is cheaper at The Container Store. The suction cups do allow it to stick to most surfaces, but it can be removed after each shower. At home we just leave it up, but we have traveled with it on trips where we are gone for a week.
    · Reply · Share
  • rutgersmammarutgersmamma 481 replies96 threads Member
    Do your sons use a shaving mirror in the dorm shower?
    · Reply · Share
  • rutgersmammarutgersmamma 481 replies96 threads Member
    Bump...This goes hand in hand with the shower caddy thread. Do your sons use a shaving mirror in the dorm shower? Having a sink in the room sounds great, but no such luck at our school!
    · Reply · Share
  • MarianMarian 13230 replies83 threads Senior Member
    At my daughter's college, there is only one dorm that has sinks in the rooms, and it's an all-women's dorm. Possibly this is not a coincidence. The height of a sink is such that male students might use it for purposes other than that for which it was intended, and the enamel on sinks is not designed to stand up to that sort of abuse. (Hey, it was a guy who told me that this was possible; I would never have thought of it on my own.)

More seriously, wouldn't a shower mirror get too fogged up to be useful?
    · Reply · Share
    The Z'Fogless that my husband and son use does not fog up. It is also plastic so when it is dropped it will not break. The one in our master shower is so old that the suction cups are drying out a bit. It has fallen off the tile a few times before we replaced the suction cup and never has the "glass" of the surrounding plastic ever broken. It is also lightweight enough to carry it back and forth to the bathroom if one wanted to do so; my son just shaved at the sink when he had communal bathrooms.

And Marian, I have heard of men on construction crews that do this. I had a friend that had to change the drain fittings as they had corroded due to this very thing!!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity