right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Dressing Young

Replies to: Dressing Young

• HImomHImom 34095 replies389 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    If there’s a nearby store I can take the clothing back to, that’s the he store I try to patronize. I’ve ordered many things from Macy’s online, for example and then returned them at the local store when they didn’t fit or suit or just weren’t right.

Zappos is free shipping both ways. Have ordered literally dozens of shoes for my mom to find a few that fit properly and that she liked.
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4122 replies303 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I’m the same as @HImom . I’ll order multiple sizes if there is a brick and mortar store here. I like ordering from Nordstrom because it’s free shipping. I’m surprised Zappos still sells to me anymore!
    · Reply · Share
  • college_querycollege_query 4263 replies310 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I just tried Amazon Prime Wardrobe to order 2 pairs of pants (which I first saw posted here) for an upcoming wedding. They were on Macy’s website but were $20 less on Amazon. I wasn’t sure which size I needed. You have 7 days after receipt to return any choices for free before they bill you. You have to select at least 2 items.
    · Reply · Share
  • TempeMomTempeMom 2970 replies25 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Love Amazon Prime …. they don't charge your card until the returns are processed/7 days.
    · Reply · Share
  • Midwest67Midwest67 2892 replies12 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I would like to share my love for TomboyX underwear.

https://tomboyx.com

I'm hooked to the micromodal fabric. I've tried the 4.5" and 9" boxer style & love them both. For me, it's a combo of them being super comfortable and NOT annoying.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7775 replies503 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I use Zappos regularly as I like that they credit me back as soon as I drop off the return at UPS. I had never thought about ordering clothes from Amazon. I don’t usually check Macy’s online as I find my store pretty lacking. I will have to reconsider as I can do returns in store. I wish I could return Athleta items to Gap.
    @Midwest67 I’m always looking for new sites.
    · Reply · Share
  • HoggirlHoggirl 1646 replies195 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I find Macy’s website very easy to navigate with good filters for searching.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38586 replies465 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Agree! Macy's stores are messy and not well run, but their online site is quite easy to navigate and shop.
    · Reply · Share
  • Midwest67Midwest67 2892 replies12 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Update on Macy's palazzo pants upthread. I ordered both a small and medium.

The mediums had a better drape without any pulling in the crotch. I put on some platform heels and tried on several different style tops with them.

I'm returning them! I don't know, maybe I need to be 5' 11", or I'm just not used to seeing wide pants on me. I felt like I was looking in the mirror and trying to convince myself they were going to work. Never a good sign.

Nothing wrong with the pants themselves!
    · Reply · Share
    I hear you! I ordered this jumpsuit:

https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/1901-crop-seersucker-jumpsuit-regular-petite/5133646

Bought my size in regular, and while the top fit perfectly, the pants looked too wide and too long for my tastes. Re-ordered in petite (although I am not a petite person yet).
    · Reply · Share
  • college_querycollege_query 4263 replies310 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    @Midwest67 - I ordered the pants in post #9391 as well (but through Amazon Prime Wardrobe). Right now on Macy's website they are down to $28.99, which is what I paid. I ordered the M and the L (in Petite) and decided the large draped better, and returned the medium. I'm planning to wear them for a wedding at the end of August. I've been working on losing weight and maybe by then the medium would fit better, but thought I should go by what I weigh right now. I like that they are very light weight and comfortable; I anticipate the weather at the end of August could be quite warm and I didn't want anything too heavy. Depending on how I stand it could look like a long skirt.

I have a hereditary form of lymphedema and as a result my legs are very thick. I'm used to seeing myself in wide-leg pants! I also have extensive sun damage on my legs, and prefer to cover my legs when possible.
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 5586 replies188 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Love that jumpsuit @BunsenBurner. Good that it’s sold out in my size or I would be really tempted
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7775 replies503 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Loved the jumpsuit as well. I looked for it when I was in Nordstrom but no luck. I ventured to the “downtown “ mall in my small city. It was the first time I’ve been in a long time. My D and I couldn’t believe how much Nordstrom has changed again. They have parts of the store closed off and the departments all seem to run together. Very little merchandise and it has lost all the feeling of a upscale store. It looked like a Target but with less stuff. I felt badly for the longtime staff who at one time probably made a recent commissioned paycheck. I tried on a few pieces of athletic wear and left with a Zella dress that wasn’t on sale.
    The rest of the mall is pretty torn up as they are attempting some sort of facelift that is supposed to bring people back to the mall. We went in Lululemon which was packed. My D bought a few things and I tried on some travel sort of pants. I’m between sizes so left empty handed. My D suggested Gap and I was again struck by how sad the stores look. Dresses hanging up that obviously hadn’t been steamed when they came out of the box. I did try on these https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=418099002&cid=1005439&pcid=1005439&grid=pds_2_16_1&cpos=2&cexp=1161&cid=CategoryIDs=1005439&ctype=Listing&cpid=res19072018333157663388716#pdp-page-content. They fit well and I will take them on my summer vacation. I wanted something I could walk, hike and also go out to dinner in. I think they will work well. They were on sale so they were just 41 dollars. Also got a lightweight cardigan for just 9.99. The other large store in this mall had been a Macy’s but that closed last year. The mall wasn’t empty but it also wasn’t crowded which it should be on a Saturday in the summer. We get a lot of tourists and even they aren’t hitting the mall.
    · Reply · Share
    The smaller jumpsuit arrived, and the zipper was very sticky. Mr. demanded that I reorder it! Another package is on the way... really do not enjoy this constant reordering.
    · Reply · Share
    edited July 21
    Lol, MOfWC! Yup. Back to Nordstrom it went with a note to the clerk that it had a defective zipper. I don't want anyone else to suffer. 😂 Nit sure the clerk got the gravity of the situation.

87 degrees outside, and dang that jumpsuit would have been perfect for a stroll around the 'hood and a few drinks on the patio at the lakeside cafe.
    edited July 21
    · Reply · Share
    Reporting on the jumpsuit. It is very cool! And very much "dressing young." :) Without it looking cheap or scandalous.

Strolling through Nordstrom, I saw a great cardigan and had to get it!
    https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/eileen-fisher-organic-linen-cotton-blend-cardigan/5347723

Perfect for my morning commute when the air is a little chilly but it is not cold enough to wear a jacket.
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild 22586 replies190 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Love the cardigan.
    · Reply · Share
  • HoggirlHoggirl 1646 replies195 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I have a friend who absolutely adores Eileen Fisher. She has tried to get me on board. That cardigan is darling, but overall EF clothes are far too boxy for my tastes. I prefer clothing with more structure and shape. No doubt the quality is excellent, though.
    · Reply · Share
    EF fabrics are amazing. I love EF cardigans (but I am picky), but I agree that the boxy clothes are not for all. IMO they look best on tall and relatively slim folks, which I am neither. EF sizes are quite generous. I go for xs or sometimes even xxs in her clothes (wear small or medium in other brands). The smaller EF sizes sell out quickly!
    · Reply · Share