Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Brown Fellows Scholarship

2»

Replies to: Brown Fellows Scholarship

• Bfellow14Bfellow14 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Hey pinkmiss! It has been awhile since I posted here but I was checking on the thread and I'm just wondering if you are still considering applying for the program!
  • pinkmisspinkmiss Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Yes I am actually!! I am currently working on my leadership project. About how long are proposals typically? Thanks for your interest!
  • Bfellow14Bfellow14 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Hey pinkmiss! I do not know how long the Centre Brown Fellows essay is, but at UofL the cut off is at 500 words, and you definitely don't want to go over. The goal is to certainly be creative, but within reason too. There is nothing wrong with wanting to end world hunger or cure malaria or whatever else, and should you be accepted into the Brown Fellows program, you will find this kind of large scale thinking is highly encouraged, but for the purposes of the essay, be concrete and practical. If the interviews stay true to form, you will probably have an entire interview dedicated to your leadership project essay, so you don't want to have to try to explain the logistics of how you plan to end poverty before you get your bachelor's. Hopefully this was helpful, and let me know if you have anymore questions!
This discussion has been closed.