Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

18 year old kid needs alot of loan money: advice!

KillerAngelKillerAngel - Posts: 176 Junior Member
edited January 2006 in Parents Forum
Hi, I just turned 18 and I want to take the burden of my college tution. I fell in love with a university in England, but unfortunately they dont offer any financial aid to international students. I am willing to take $80,000 in loans, and I know I can pay back, but I need a way to get the loan first. Does anybody have a personal experience with a similar situation? Any advice on how I can obtain this much loan is highly appreciated.

(I know taking that much loan might affaect my career/marriage/etc. , but I am willing to take the risks.) THANKS! :)
Post edited by KillerAngel on

Replies to: 18 year old kid needs alot of loan money: advice!

• KillerAngelKillerAngel - Posts: 176 Junior Member
    Any advice will be appreciate :) BUMP.
  • audiophileaudiophile Registered User Posts: 2,585 Senior Member
    It is extremely unlikely for you to get a bank loan for that amount unless you have a co-signer or collateral.
  • NorthstarmomNorthstarmom Registered User Posts: 24,853 Senior Member
    I agree with audiophile.
    You may want to look for schools in the US that would allow you to do a year abroad at that university.

If part of the attraction is living in another country, you may wish to take a close look at Canadian colleges, many of which like U Toronto and McGill, are very high quality and extremely cheap by US standards. When my older S was considering them 5 years ago, we realized that he could go to one of those for about $16,000 a year US dollars including everything.
  • KillerAngelKillerAngel - Posts: 176 Junior Member
    Yeah, I was considering McGill. Is the school expensive by US standards?
This discussion has been closed.