Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Financial aid issue - any similar experiences?

2»

Replies to: Financial aid issue - any similar experiences?

• MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 39,374 Super Moderator
    If you dont't want to hear the opinion of posters, don't ask the question. Your attitude does leave something to be desired.
  • FAmishapFAmishap Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    It's so much easier to attack me behind a screen. If you all actually knew my situation, and actually thought about my situation, you may think differently. I'm done here. I don't need to be polite to people that aren't polite to me.
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 39,374 Super Moderator
    OK, have a good evening!
  • boysx3boysx3 Registered User Posts: 5,164 Senior Member
    Just a bit of gratuitous life advice for the OP: sugar works better than vinegar. Something to remember if you go to ask the FA department to help you out. Attitude makes a difference and yours leaves a lot to be desired. Obviously you should have foreseen this potential problem when you took leave while continuing the insurance, since you are so smart.
  • FAmishapFAmishap Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Oh boysx3, I've been very polite with the FA department. I've actually had people at the FA department (allegedly) slander me to other students. I actually had to retain an attorney recently because of this. Seeing that I'm so smart, and you know nothing of the situation, please don't try to burden yourself with the effort of making assumptions. The FA department at my school is... well... good at times, but not all of the time.
  • SikorskySikorsky Registered User Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    Thought for the day: when either you're in the wrong or everyone else is, it's not usually everyone else. You owe thumper1 an apology.
  • entomomentomom Registered User Posts: 23,658 Senior Member
    Closing thread.
This discussion has been closed.