Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Thank you notes for teachers who write recommendations

13»

Replies to: Thank you notes for teachers who write recommendations

• sbjdorlosbjdorlo Registered User Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    For now, he emailed a thanks to his employer (who is *so* supportive and kind) and we can decide this evening if he'll email the college prof or try to get a card to him on campus.
  • honeybee63honeybee63 Registered User Posts: 592 Member
    sbjdorlo, don't worry about the timing too much. At our school lots of kids wait until after acceptances come in and some wait until graduation. My last grad said thank you to recommenders with a little note and nice chocolate during admissions season, and then at graduation she gave a thoughtful thank you card with a book she had specially chosen for favorite teachers, coaches, recommenders and the college counselor. I don't think gift cards are tacky but D wanted to choose books individually for all ten of them. This turned out to be more time consuming and expensive than I expected, choosing and ordering books, wondering if they were right, changing her mind, deciding to add more gourmet chocolate to the gifts - wrapping and delivering everything! With D4 next June it's going to be gift cards or college memorabilia (brilliant idea) for sure! But the expression of thanks is what means the most...one recommender wrote a thank you to D, saying the card made her 'weepy'. They can get very invested in our kids, and it's really nice to acknowledge all that teachers do...
This discussion has been closed.