Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College-Bound Student Seeking to Hear Adult's opinions

124»

Replies to: College-Bound Student Seeking to Hear Adult's opinions

• Much2learnMuch2learn Registered User Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    OP

I would also consider forgetting about the SAT and focus only on the ACT since it looks like you are better at the ACT. Only the better one will matter, so unless you think you can improve your SAT by enough so that will be better than your next ACT score, there is no point in practicing for it. That will let you focus your effort and dedicate more time to the ACT.

• tdh3Ktdh3K Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    My son got into UGA two years ago. He had a weighted GPA of 3.3 and 1780 SAT. He did have lots of AP/IB. He was afraid he would not be accepted. His counselor suggested doing regular admission. I know he is my son, but his essays were very strong and showed off his involvement in school, church and community leadership. He was and is still involved in human rights organizations. So, if you really want to go there and don't have the grades or scores show the university who you are and what you care about and can offer the university of your choice.
    Also, don't shy away from Berry even though very expensive. They have a huge endowment and offer lots of scholarships including paying for college by working for them. Best of luck.
  • btlsmumbtlsmum Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    @SammyxB- Can you update in the next few days? Did you participate in the Match program? Were you matched?

If not, what was your course of action? Did you catch any EDII's? Or RD everywhere? I'd love to see the breakdown of where you ended up replying and your admits/rejections/waitlists. I do hope you had some success. Please, update!!
This discussion has been closed.