Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

The little things that moved a school from the bottom to the top of your's or your child's list.

13»

Replies to: The little things that moved a school from the bottom to the top of your's or your child's list.

• colorado_momcolorado_mom Registered User Posts: 8,892 Senior Member
    When we searched for STEM school for DS, music opportunities was an important factor. We found them in different flavors at most schools. I'll mention here because for others it could be a "little thing" that helps offset academic stresses.
  • bksfanbksfan Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    We dragged mine to VT almost against his will since his mind was already set on one school. There we met a prof in his intended major who ended up spending four hours with him, touring, talking & having him sit in his class. That type of interest in one prospective student, especially in a school the size of VT, was amazing. He hasn't picked yet because financial aid, if any, could play a factor but it went from one strong favorite to two strong favorites.
  • Newsie2015Newsie2015 Registered User Posts: 521 Member
    @lakemom :) I couldn't help but giggle at that story.
  • yellowgranite56yellowgranite56 Registered User Posts: 323 Member
    My DD chose her school because of the food! Oh, and the financial aid was pretty good too!
This discussion has been closed.