right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Common App submission problems already

NYMomof2NYMomof2 5722 replies303 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,025 Senior Member
DS' "other" recommender has been trying for 3 days to submit his letter to CA, at all hours of the day and night, using 5 different computers and 4 different browsers. He gets the message, PDF generating, and the system hangs. I searched and found some threads on this issue from October, 2013, but the only solution mentioned was changing browsers or computers. I submitted a help ticket two days ago but have heard nothing from CA.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? The alternative is to send paper letters to the early colleges, but this is inconvenient, as DS will also be making applications to a large number of colleges for RD.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Common App submission problems already

• zobrowardzobroward 3740 replies193 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,933 Senior Member
    commom app is so 5 years ago!

I do not understand why colleges do not just have on line apps on their website (many do...but all of them should)
    common app seems to be troubled and always about to be "fixed" soon.
    · Reply · Share
  • zobrowardzobroward 3740 replies193 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,933 Senior Member
    any school that has a non common app option on their website...I would do those first ...directly on the college website.(for peace of mind) a little extra work is not a big deal it is for your student's future!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity