Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Double Depositing is NOT a good idea

191011121315»

Replies to: Double Depositing is NOT a good idea

• justmytwocentsjustmytwocents Registered User Posts: 202 Junior Member
    chocoholic wrote:
    NACAC does have dot.com in its suffix. Not dot.org or dot.edu

You're confused. The website is http://www.nacacnet.org.

NACAC is most definitely a non-profit organization made up of admissions folks from both the high school, non-profit, college/university, and consulting fields. This includes everyone from a rural Alaska public high school guidance counselor to the dean of admissions at some of the nation's tippy-top schools. You do have to pay membership fees, but these fees sustain the organization.
  • justmytwocentsjustmytwocents Registered User Posts: 202 Junior Member
    Oops, sorry, just noticed this thread is originally 5 years old!
  • RiversChoiceRiversChoice Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    Yes, but I suppose the ethics of this topic is probably timeless!
  • sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 22,597 Super Moderator
    Thread was recently bumped because a parent wants to double deposit while D waits to see if she will be picked up to play her sport
  • rocketman08rocketman08 Registered User Posts: 1,194 Senior Member
    The ethics of this sort of thing are quite clear cut.

It's a good example of using the "What if everyone else behaved like this" test. Clearly that would be really really bad, so just because only a few people do it doesn't somehow make it acceptable. It just means that small minority is selfish.
  • eduedmeduedm Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    this thread was bumped up also
    because there is another new post about this "hold down deposit" issue
    regarding an oversea parent & student wanting to put down multiple deposits.
    oversea HS most likely will not report multi-transcripts issue to colleges here.
  • dtedte Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    Well, the coach emailed back, and she was very nice but no real assurance. So I think Consolation is right. A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.
  • sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 22,597 Super Moderator
    it would be a shame to keep your daughter hanging for another 3 months with the possibility of giving up her first choice and have no real assurances. I think she should just move on and enjoy the prospect of attending her first choice school. Perhaps she can lead the charge in doing her sport either as an intramural or a club team on her new campus!
  • dtedte Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    I agree, thank you for the responses
  • berke122berke122 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    I accidentally accepted admission at one school, i SIR'd at the school i was planning on attending. I will call the accidental school tomorrow, should there be a problem?
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 36,424 Super Moderator
    There shouldn't be a problem. Just let them know you made a mistake.
This discussion has been closed.