right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Racist comments from a male senior, what should we do?

1789101113»

Replies to: Racist comments from a male senior, what should we do?

• soccerguy315soccerguy315 7168 replies77 threads Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    @soccerguy315 "I think the fact that the OP's kid is legally here makes a big difference."

Actually, that makes it WORSE. Clearly the person making the comment was basing it on the daughter's LOOKS, and not her actual legal right to be here. The likelihood that he'd say the same to a Caucasian immigrant from say, Poland, is pretty small. All this talk of deportation is not being aimed at those who look like us. It's being directed as non-whites, just like the OP's bully did.

yes... I agree.

making comments to someone just because of the way they look is not right.
    edited May 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • albert69albert69 3191 replies56 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    I should hope not.

The fact is that illegal immigration is a problem. People are up in arms about it because it does affect this country. Illegal immigration affects the economy and safety of the country, especially now with all the terrorism rampant.
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by fallenchemist on
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 79027 replies701 threads Senior Member
    albert69 wrote:
    Illegal immigration affects the economy and safety of the country, especially now with all the terrorism rampant.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255a.html lists terrorist attacks in the US. The absolute number of victims is not that large (even in 2001, the deaths were a small fraction of those killed in car crashes in the US every year), and how many of the suspects were illegal immigrants?
    · Reply · Share
  • fallenchemistfallenchemist 24269 replies860 threadsHonorary Super Mod Inactive
    It appears this thread has played itself out as people are starting to post political diatribes more. Closing thread.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity