Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

1222324252628»

Replies to: Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

• ProudMom17ProudMom17 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm a newbie, didn't realize that, but you are correct. I was doing the 4 year total.
  • mabelmabel Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    edited May 22
    Deleted
  • dfbdfbdfbdfb Registered User Posts: 3,181 Senior Member
    @ProudMom17, don't stress it too hard, since it is after all the (somewhat misleading) way colleges themselves advertise their awards.
  • 1966Parent1966Parent Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    2nd Child admitted to Arizona State University
  • 1966Parent1966Parent Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    Thanks for sharing the message about passion. I think this is a key factor for student success.
  • saany123saany123 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    My S is headed to Kalamazoo College in less than two weeks!

If you are also a K parent and looking for more content about Kalamazoo College, I've started a group on Facebook for confirmed parents whose students are attending K. There we can share resources and support. Ask about good places for brunch, clarification on information from the school, sharing about helpful programs on and off campus, etc.

The group is closed so we can share comments without having our students have access and get embarrassed (like that never happens).

Here's the link for the Facebook Group, just add the site name with the dot com where the asterisks are. I left it out in case CC doesn't allow full links to outside groups. Then copy and paste into your search box in your browser:

****/groups/kalamazoocollegeparents/
  • websensationwebsensation Registered User Posts: 928 Member
    @JBekkaZ Congrats. We didn't have too many family struggles but he did struggle for parts of his high school as many teens do and fitting into the U.S. culture but he never gave up and remained focused. I actually came to respect my kid in the process because he never gave up, and then good things started happening, which eventually saw him get into Stanford REA and a great gap year study abroad scholarship program. Looking back, I am glad he struggled in high school so that in college when he goes through tough times, he can look back and it will help him not give up in the face of adversities.

We are so glad and relieved that we are done with his high school experience though.