Two classes short for Spring graduation... what I can do?
I am studying at a community college for my Graphic Design associate. I met with my adviser every quarter to makes sure things go on track and he came up with an academic plan for me for the last two quarter and I followed the plan.
Last month, I applied for graduation only to get denied with a note that I am missing two classes:
1. These two classes were NOT listed by my adviser (who is also my instructor for most classes I took for the past two years) and last year, if I remember correctly, the graduation office did not list them as required either.
2. I must graduation with a degree in Spring because I am on F-1 Visa and cannot pay to stay for another one year just to complete two classes. I am required to take at least 12 credits a quarter and these two classes are only offered in one quarter. I cannot take two quarters off in a row.
3. This puts a pause to my OPT process and my job searching and soooo... many other plans.
4. I addressed my degree checklist twice to my adviser and he signed on it.
5. My credits number is over 100 by spring so number is not the matter.