Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

ACT score question

Marcie123Marcie123 Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
My D is applying ED to a super reach and EA to 3 other schools. We just sent her scores to those 4 schools. She will have 5 additional applications ready to go if she does not get into her ED school. Can I wait until mid-December to send ACT scores or will they not get there by January 1?

Replies to: ACT score question

• LvMyKids2LvMyKids2 Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    @Marcie123 i believe you will have enough time to get them in. Most schools are not sticklers to have the testing in by January 1 - only the application and recs. If that were the case, there probably would not be a december test date. You can always send expedited also. Good luck with the ED....which school?
  • billcshobillcsho Registered User Posts: 16,674 Senior Member
    Do allow at least 5 business day to process the score report order. Most are delivery electronically. There is no point to pay extra for expedite report as it would only save a couple day.
  • Marcie123Marcie123 Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    Thank you. @LvMyKids2 Brown. She knows the chances are extremely slim but she's willing to take the chance. If she doesn't get in, she may then do ED2 to BU. She's willing to take the risk because she also likes her safety schools a lot.
  • LvMyKids2LvMyKids2 Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    @Marcie123 sounds terrific! Good luck :)