Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Parents of the HS Class of 2019 - 3.0 to 3.4 GPA

Replies to: Parents of the HS Class of 2019 - 3.0 to 3.4 GPA

• rfm512rfm512 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    @Britmom5 Wow! Congratulations! Great school! We visited last fall and my D loved the campus - not to mention Brooklyn! We have a close family friend who is a very successful architect who is a Pratt alum and lives in Brooklyn. He speaks very highly of the school!
  • momzilla2Dmomzilla2D Registered User Posts: 405 Member
    @Britmom5 Congratulations to your son!!
  • Britmom5Britmom5 Registered User Posts: 372 Member
  • carolinamom2boyscarolinamom2boys Registered User Posts: 7,059 Senior Member
    DS19 completed his email to decline attendance to Flagler College , his second choice. He did have a little " if only " moment , but knows he made the right decision. He did say of they had Historic Preservation and Community Planning, it would've been a much harder decision.
  • eandesmomeandesmom Registered User Posts: 3,790 Senior Member
    Congrats @Britmom5 !
  • carolinamom2boyscarolinamom2boys Registered User Posts: 7,059 Senior Member
    @eb23282 Good luck to your daughter .
  • rfm512rfm512 Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    @Britmom5 Congrats again! I love the term "generous merit"!
  • Momof3kidzMomof3kidz Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    @Britmom5 My D17 is a nursing student at Catholic. I’d be happy to share our experience if you have questions.
  • MAmom111MAmom111 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    @Momof3kidz sorry I'm not Brittmim but would love to hear your thoughts on Catholic U. My D20 has it tentatively on her visit list. Her and my husband just met with an alumn at a college fair and my husband was very impressed. D loves the location but is concerned about the religious aspect (although she was raised Catholic). My H said they are building new dorms and a new cafeteria.
    Thanks @Momof3kidz. I will probably have lots of questions after we visit. My son was not raised catholic - although attended a church regularly, so I’m with @MAmom111 on concerns about that. The location is wonderful - and we loved the idea of a complete campus - as well as proximity to a city - so those were more of the appeal. My husband had heart surgery last summer at a hospital near there - so I drove past the catholic campus every day, on my trek from out of state. It looked pretty