Parents of the HS Class of 2019 - 3.0 to 3.4 GPA
By popular (2019 parental) demand I am starting up the 2019 version of this thread.
I started the 2017 one and found it an incredibly enriching experience and very helpful with my S17 who is now a happy freshman after experiencing a successful application season.
This is from the original post that kicked of the 2017 thread and I think it all still holds true.
As a guideline, this is not a chance thread for students. It is for parents of kids roughly in the B to B+ range with any range of test scores. Of course, all parents are welcome, but it is not meant for the top of the line, applying to Ivies sorts of dilemmas. Advice from parents of other years is definitely appreciated!
Things to talk and think about now
1. Test Prep
2. School Visits & casting WIDE nets
3. Fit & LOVING ALL OUR SCHOOLS
4. Possible Financial/Merit aid
5. Books to assist our quest of the perfect school for our children.
6. Requesting LOR's before school gets out
And as we get close to and into senior year:
1. Applications (EA vs. ED vs. RD), essay prompts, etc.
2. Auditions (music, dance, theatre)
3. Senior year visits & overnights
4. The Waiting Game of acceptances
5. Reviewing award letters
6. Committing and sending in that check!
So, pour another cup of coffee (or tea), bookmark this thread, and start posting!
I will post an intro to get us started and then updated links to resources the 2017 parents used as well as our results thread. It was a very successful season for the 2017 kids and I expect the same for our amazing 2019'ers!