Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should we get ready for unsolicited phone calls?

AbsDadAbsDad Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
edited November 2017 in Parents Forum
Had two calls from Temple University. Neither of my twins has expressed any interest to them, and in fact, even if they did, I wouldn't let them go there.

Is this going to be a "thing"? These are the only 2 calls we have had... they are juniors.

Replies to: Should we get ready for unsolicited phone calls?

• OHMomof2OHMomof2 Registered User Posts: 12,619 Senior Member
    As I recall college phone calls were pretty rare. My D seriously considered Temple, visited twice (before and after acceptance/scholarship offer) and I think they DID call once or twice.

But it's odd for them to call without any interest shown on the part of the student.
  • My3KiddosMy3Kiddos Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    You can expect at least one call from the Army (or other branch of the armed services) in the future. Every parent I know has got one of those calls.
  • MassmommMassmomm Registered User Posts: 3,894 Senior Member
    ^^^Yes! My daughter's response to a military recruiter (or whatever they are): "If you really knew me, you would definitely not want me!"
  • porcupine98porcupine98 Registered User Posts: 1,620 Senior Member
    We got a handful of phone calls. No rhyme or reason.
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,890 Senior Member
    The armed services must get HS senior lists because I had fun with the recruiters when they called during the school day (duh- how do they expect to reach students...) and I told them my senior was only 16.
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 21,831 Senior Member
    We had no land line when my kids were in school. I got a few calls because my daughter had put my number on a registration for a sports tournament. My kids got calls on their phones, but hundreds of texts. Hundreds.
This discussion has been closed.