right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Should we get ready for unsolicited phone calls?

AbsDadAbsDad 114 replies51 threads Junior Member
edited November 2017 in Parents Forum
Had two calls from Temple University. Neither of my twins has expressed any interest to them, and in fact, even if they did, I wouldn't let them go there.

Is this going to be a "thing"? These are the only 2 calls we have had... they are juniors.
edited November 2017
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should we get ready for unsolicited phone calls?

• OHMomof2OHMomof2 13237 replies247 threads Senior Member
    As I recall college phone calls were pretty rare. My D seriously considered Temple, visited twice (before and after acceptance/scholarship offer) and I think they DID call once or twice.

But it's odd for them to call without any interest shown on the part of the student.
    · Reply · Share
  • My3KiddosMy3Kiddos 458 replies29 threads Member
    You can expect at least one call from the Army (or other branch of the armed services) in the future. Every parent I know has got one of those calls.
    · Reply · Share
  • MassmommMassmomm 4205 replies85 threads Senior Member
    ^^^Yes! My daughter's response to a military recruiter (or whatever they are): "If you really knew me, you would definitely not want me!"
    · Reply · Share
  • porcupine98porcupine98 1594 replies27 threads Senior Member
    We got a handful of phone calls. No rhyme or reason.
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 14376 replies65 threads Senior Member
    The armed services must get HS senior lists because I had fun with the recruiters when they called during the school day (duh- how do they expect to reach students...) and I told them my senior was only 16.
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 24568 replies19 threads Senior Member
    We had no land line when my kids were in school. I got a few calls because my daughter had put my number on a registration for a sports tournament. My kids got calls on their phones, but hundreds of texts. Hundreds.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity