right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Do you post your kid’s acceptances on social media?

eastcoast101eastcoast101 462 replies8 postsRegistered User Member
Curious about this. In my town many parents do, but I’ve heard in other areas parents are discouraged from doing so out of sensitivity to those who were deferred or rejected from those schools. Thoughts?
474 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do you post your kid’s acceptances on social media?

• snowfairy137snowfairy137 2052 replies32 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    At my high school students or parents can fill out a form saying where they’ve been accepted so far, and they’ll get a shoutout in the weekly email newsletter.
    · Reply · Share
  • maya54maya54 2076 replies87 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I don't but their sibling did. Appears to be very common thing here for sibling or best friend to post for them.
    · Reply · Share
  • maya54maya54 2076 replies87 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    "My kids go to a smaller private school with a 100% matriculation rate. While a few parents post pics of visits/acceptances/commitments, the school itself has a day (right after May 1) where the entire senior class wears their college t-shirt, a group picture is taken, and it is posted by the school to Facebook. Two other private schools in our area do the same thing."

My kids went to a large public school with a 90% matriculation rate and there is a college day at the e d of senior year where the kids all wear college gear ( not just shirts often head to toe outfitted...girls especially with skirts in college colors, made to order shirts with lace and other detailing like this https://bygabby.org/about, sneakers with college color laces. Tons of pics with different groups are posted to social media.

No class that day so kids who didn't want to didn't have to come.
    edited December 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • eastcoast101eastcoast101 462 replies8 postsRegistered User Member
    Our HS also has “college day” on May 1 or thereabouts where the kids wear the garb of the school they are attending. There is also a wall in the high school where they post photos of all the seniors and where they are attending. But that’s different than posting acceptances.
    · Reply · Share
  • eastcoast101eastcoast101 462 replies8 postsRegistered User Member
    edited December 2017
    If the kids are all posting to their Instagram accounts their classmates know already.
    edited December 2017
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity