right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

New Here. Where are the discussions for B Students?

AgouraLizAgouraLiz 38 replies6 threads Junior Member
Hello all. I am fascinated with what I am seeing so far on this website. A lot of posts are just like this: "Hi, I'm totally freaking out because I don't know what to do! I have a 4.4 GPA and my SAT score was only 1560. I play the violin in my local youth orchestra, and teach Excel to inner-city youth on the weekends. I wrote my first novel this summer! In my free time, I play chess. I should also note that I will be traveling to Flint, Michigan this spring break to help solve the water crisis. I'm pretty sure I want to go to Princeton, but PLEASE CHANCE ME for Yale!" Question: Are there any non-Superman students or parents on this site? I am struggling to find resources for B and/or "average" students. It seems that only the overachievers are here. If this is what is happening in the college admissions rat race....Wow.
100 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: New Here. Where are the discussions for B Students?

• AgouraLizAgouraLiz 38 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Thank you, EENYMum!
    · Reply · Share
  • cameo43cameo43 1644 replies30 threads Senior Member
    @AgouraLiz: You can also look back at the same threads for the Classes of 2017 and 2018. @eandesmom started the first one (2017) back in 2016, I believe. Those will give you the whole picture as far as the end results for the kids of the parents posting on those threads. Enjoy!
    · Reply · Share
  • EENYMumEENYMum 198 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @AgouraLiz No problem. Hubby and I both got a chuckle from your post. Mostly because it's true 😀
    · Reply · Share
  • MusakParentMusakParent 1027 replies9 threads Senior Member
    LOL - hilarious post because it's true. Thank you for the laugh. :D
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23060 replies2279 threads Senior Member
    You can also start a thread in the College Search and Selection page and ask for suggestions. Include your academic stats, financial needs (if any), academic interests, state, any restrictions you may have (ex. geographic) and anything else important to you in your search (ex. Greek life, sports etc.).
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 9522 replies511 threads Senior Member
    Just do a search for threads about B students. There are a lot. There is a long-running thread called colleges for the Jewish B student, but it's got colleges for everyone. Stay away from chance threads because that's where you will see a lot of posts such as you describe.

You can also create a thread in the search and selection forum. List your child stats, financial requirements, desired location, size, majors, etc...and you will get helpful suggestions.
    · Reply · Share
  • txspartytxsparty 92 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I am rolling at the answers on this thread!!! keep it coming!
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you everyone for the kind suggestions. I will research the "B" schools and all of the threads you mentioned here. Appreciate the help. I'm still trying to figure out when college admissions became so crazy. I don't remember it being like this 30 years ago when I applied. Maybe it was and I was just clueless.
    · Reply · Share
    edited January 21
    Hi again. So, we live in California. It is madness here. Very difficult to get admitted to the UC schools if you are not a superstar, it would seem. Would love for the daughter to apply to some Arizona schools, but she wont touch them with a 10 foot pole. Probably because that's where I went to school!! Oh well.
    edited January 21
    · Reply · Share
  • JBSeattleJBSeattle 1054 replies14 threads Senior Member
    CSU’s?
    · Reply · Share