Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
picturecasepicturecase Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Does anyone know when ED comes out? the website says december 15 but that is a Saturday and they call you so it cant be that day.

Replies to: ED

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 72,244 Senior Member
    edited December 3
    Why can’t it be on a Saturday. One of my kids worked in undergrad admissions at her college, and they most definitely were open on Saturdays, at least until 1.

At this time of the year, it’s very possible that those making the calls will be working.

Just wait and see.
  • 24daffodils24daffodils Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    I believe it depends on the school.
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 Registered User Posts: 3,346 Senior Member
    It depends on the school. What college are you talking about?
  • SJ2727SJ2727 Registered User Posts: 279 Junior Member
    How common is it to call people? Is it quite a small college?
  • ARTCCARTCC Registered User Posts: 172 Junior Member
    Our D's college notified ED applicants officially by letters sent via large Priority Mail envelopes containing an admissions package to U.S. residents. Before our D received her ED admission letter in the mail, she had logged into her online applicant account with the college and noted that an option to pay a new student deposit was active, which was a significant clue that she had been accepted.

FWIW, her college's admissions office Twitter account has tweeted photos of the priority mail envelopes containing the ED admissions letters being turned over at the Admissions Office to the postman for delivery over the past few years.

• bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 11,954 Forum Champion
    i know it is hard now, but it will happen when it happens. I think they prefer not giving results during school hours so students aren't distracted.
  • ninakatarinaninakatarina Registered User Posts: 1,411 Senior Member
    I suspect that they like to give answers at the end of a work day or on weekends so that disappointed applicants (or their parents) have the chance to stew over things and calm down before calling the admissions offices and demanding reconsideration.