Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UNC pre med dorm?

sarainsarain Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
My son got into 2023 and I see on the housing page, starting 2018, you once can choose housing based on study interest and there is one for Premed. Is there any out there who is in it? which dorm do pre med students tend to use? I would be good to be surrounded by like minded students.

Replies to: UNC pre med dorm?

• PastpowerPastpower Registered User Posts: 377 Member
    edited February 10
    As a current first year I’m not familiar with such a program I believe it’s rather new. The only similar housing program are the RLPs which are more focused on specific attributes (service learning, first years, international students, etc.) From personal experience however where you live at UNC won’t matter in the slightest academically, especially if you’re premed. For a school as large as UNC there are tons of premeds in every dorm and many of them will be taking the same gen-Ed’s/intro-level classes so I wouldn’t recommmend looking so hard into it. You’d be surrounded by these “like-minded students” wherever you stay. Rather, I’d recommend choosing a dorm based off your living preferences as I believe that personally matters much more.